Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering mindfulness minutes manually

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I mediate using Calm and a couple of other apps, and I'd like to log those minutes into the mindfulness feature, but I can't figure out how to do that.  Is it possible?  I don't want to be limited to FitBit's mindfulness conent.

Thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I can no longer log my meditations.  I could up until about Wednesday but nothing since. Any ideas?

I don't have premium and I'm using a Charge 2.  I can still access the free meditation.  I'd also like to be able to log my meditations manually.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

I don’t think it’s an option at the moment but I’d love to see that feature added. 

Best Answer

I use Insight Timer and would like to add my minutes manually as well. I hope they add that feature soon. 

Best Answer

Or at least offer the option of a timed meditation instead of having to follow their guided meditation.

Best Answer

I was also surprised the 'relax' 2 and 5 minute sessions on the Fitbit watch don't count towards your mindfulness goal?!  Surely this would be very easy to sync 

Best Answer

I often fall asleep during the sessions designed for that specific purpose. Since I am asleep when the session ends, I can’t log it. I agree that being able to enter those sessions manually would be very helpful. 

Best Answer

No it’s not possible to manually add mindfulness minutes from another app. But currently if you use one Fitbit’s own mindfulness sessions it is logged as activity. So a 15 minute mindfulness session is counted as 15 minutes of exercise! Which is crazy. I think the Fitbit team have added the Mindfulness tile without fully understanding what mindfulness is. For now I’m continuing to use my Abide mindfulness app separately.

Best Answer

I can no longer log my meditations.  I could up until about Wednesday but nothing since. Any ideas?

I don't have premium and I'm using a Charge 2.  I can still access the free meditation.  I'd also like to be able to log my meditations manually.

Best Answer

Same here. They quit asking if I wanted to log the sessions

Best Answer

I fell asleep last week and I could log a mindfulness session of 77 minutes. I think the app has some weird bugs. My screen stays on, so my battery drained too while sleeping.

Best Answer

I agree! Fitbit, are you listening? Pls add ability to add mindfulness sessions manually. 

Best Answer

Same issue. If I don’t wake up and log the session during the night when it still shows I don’t get “credit” for it.  What’s the point if I use it to help me fall asleep but have to wake up to log it. 

Best Answer

Me too!!  I love Insight Timer.

Best Answer

Yes, the mindfulness is disappointing. I have my own mindfulness program that I do. I let the fitbit ones run with the volume off while I’m doing something else to logged it. 
you should be able to manually log. I forgot to do it yesterday, so I can’t log it now after the fact. 

Best Answer

I did notice that I can manually log an exercise of “meditating”. Certainly not ideal but at least I can track when I am practicing mindfulness outside the limited set of Fitbit content. I don’t believe it tracks it as what Fitbit considers Mindfulness to be though. 

Best Answer

That would be great, especially as the app and device often fail to sync with each other.

Best Answer

go figure! technically meditating is an exercise, but of the mind, not the body. silly programmers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am new (or back) to Fitbit and am in the same boat as you. It's very annoying. I just sat for the last 15 minutes searching out similar requests, and found at least one with like 400+ votes, but it was back in like 2020, I think. Or maybe before. As I understand it, preliminarily, a "feature suggestion" has to get enough votes in order to get onto the Fitbit developer table for discussion even.

SO ... given that, I am now looking for a place / way to sort of 'gather' as many like-minded people and funnel us into a single place to try to UP that vote count. I'm guessing 400+ is not enough since it still hasn't happened and it is nearing the end of 2022.

If I can make the time (lots going on in life at the moment), I'm going to keep trying for this. I'm going to bookmark your comment, so that maybe I can update you. Basically, I'm going to "try" to make this a personal project because it feels THAT important to me.

Best Answer

Great idea…so annoying the lack of attention to something as important as meditation. 

Best Answer

Thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes