Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't let me sign in

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just traded in my old iPhone 5 for the iPhone 6s Plus. I had the app on the old phone and renown loaded it to this phone. Now when I try to sign in or even set up my Fitbit again, it won't let me sign in or use a new email address. What should I do?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey Hon, 

Not sure if you are still having this issue however I had the same problem..... Untill I turned on "set automatically" for date and time. It worked instantly, it is now letting me login and sync the device

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Welcome to our Community @Jordanh! It's great to have you here! Woman HappyMmm this is weird, I'd suggest you verify the following: 

1. Your iOS software is updated to the latest version. Verify by going to Settings > General > Software Update to check for updates. 
2. Bluetooth is enabled in iOS settings. Bluetooth must be enabled in order to sync your tracker to your iOS device. 
3. The tracker is not already paired to your account. 

Once you've verified the requirements above please try the following steps: 

1. Restart your tracker. 
2. After your tracker has restarted, reboot your iOS device. 
3. Open the Fitbit app, tap "Join Fitbit,” and then proceed through the setup process. 

For more information on setting up your tracker with the Fitbit app for iOS please go here

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Cat Wink

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app won't let me sign in; it spins the little "wheel" without logging in; I've attempted to do it on several different wifis which I know to work and nothing.

IMG_6171.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

we have the same issue.😩

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Hon, 

Not sure if you are still having this issue however I had the same problem..... Untill I turned on "set automatically" for date and time. It worked instantly, it is now letting me login and sync the device

Best Answer

Omg thank you so much! I was getting so annoyed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you set this if your can't log in to the app?

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue! Where do you set automatically? on iphone settings??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue as it wouldn't let me sync either. I've just set the Date and Time settings in the IPhone settings to Set Automatically. It then let me log in. Because I'm away out the UK at the moment, I changed the time settings in the app - take off Set Automatically and select the time zone. All worked and synced first time!!!

Best Answer

on my computer

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IzzyFitzz @Lisamls It was already mentioned in this thread, but if you: open you iOS settings > tap General > tap Date & Time > and then toggle "Set Automatically" on, this should help with logging into the iOS App.

@IzzyFitzz If you are having trouble with logging on to Fitbit.com, I would recommend using the password recovery tool.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just upgraded to the iPhone 7 and I cannot log into the app. I have already tried all of the suggestions, including making sure the phone is set to automatically update the date/time, app up to date (I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app, just in case), and I tried turning my tracker on and off, all with no luck. It is extremely frustrating. 

Best Answer

Finally got it to work by resetting my password. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! Just set your time and date to automatic. Ot should let you sync with
your fitbit.
Best Answer

Thank you!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kingo94...thank you! had the same issue and after spending best part of the day on the phone with fitbit customer service who, to be honest, didn't offer anything other than "have you tried turning your phone off and on again", your 'set time automatically' comment sorted the issue. Great work.

cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

The setting time & date works!!!! Been struggling with this for days 😞 thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am abroad and have turned my 4g off. I have WiFi. The app has logged me out and I cannot regain access. I have tried all the suggestions on the thread, deleted the app and turned my phone on and off. Nothing is working. I cannot request a new password either as it is not accepting my email address either just keeps coming up error.  Please can someone advise.

thank you,

Lou 

Best Answer

I was having the same problem. I had to turn off my Wifi for the app to log in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changed from iPhone 6s to iPhone 7 - what a trauma trying to remove tracker from the 6s and add it to the 7!!!

Followed many of these help threads - the following finally worked......

I ended up:

in-installing App

re-installing App

re-set the Charge 2

turning Bluetooth on and off for 10 seconds 

App then wouldn't accept email/password. Turned off my wi-fi, tried to sign in with 3G and it signed in straight away!!!

Added new device to App, all my existing data re-appeared - phew! - shame that it took the best part of 4 frustrating hours of research (repeated attempts, minor tantrums) and trial and error to find a solution

Best Answer
0 Votes