Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't let me sign in

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just traded in my old iPhone 5 for the iPhone 6s Plus. I had the app on the old phone and renown loaded it to this phone. Now when I try to sign in or even set up my Fitbit again, it won't let me sign in or use a new email address. What should I do?
Best Answer
0 Votes
35 REPLIES 35

Unable to sign in to my fitbit app or join again with a new email - keeps saying something about the connection but my wifi is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DANIELLE2014X, thanks for joining the conversation and the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know you have already tried some troubleshooting steps. At this moment I would like to ask you to turn off WiFi on your phone and then try to log in again using your cellular data. Once you're able to log in, turn WiFi again. If this doesn't seem to work, please let me know so I can check this further. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have tried this as well as deleting the app and reinstalling it twice, restarting my phone in between and resetting my password. I also tried logging in with both the WiFi and Bluetooth turned off after the app was reinstalled and phone restarted. I have also force closed the app and tried the above but no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nicole1212, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining us! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with me and for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Tell me, are you getting an error message when trying to log in to your account? Have you updated the Fitbit app recently? We have just released a new version. 

If you're getting an error message, please take a screenshot and reply to me with it, this will be very helpful for me to determine which troubleshooting steps should we take next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and Thank you! I was experiencing this problem both before and now after updating the app. The error message is that it has timed out. Here is a screenshot. 00CCD5D4-9C41-4B46-9067-B67BE818AF71.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nicole1212, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back with a screenshot of the error you're getting when trying to log in to your account. With the information you had provided earlier and the screenshot, I will forward this to our development team so they can take a better look at this situation, as you have already uninstalled/reinstalled the app and tried to log in with WiFi and cellular data. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, once I have more information to share with you about this issue, I'll make sure to update this thread to let you know. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list of not being able to log into the app.  Ever since the 2.76 update I havent been able to sync/re-add my device/login.  Ive tried all of the suggestions on this and other threads.

Is there an update for the app on the near horizon?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to that list as well.  Ever since the update, it works about 10% of the time.  I even tried reloading the app, no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @markguzzo and @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with me. At this moment I would like to gather some information from your so I can forward it to our team. This information will be very helpful for them to check this further:

• iPhone model you're using.
  • OS version running on  your iPhone
  • App version currently installed on your phone. (go to the App Store to check it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I synced with my laptop and now the app works again.  It sure why but I’ll take it. 

Best Answer

Hello @markguzzo, I appreciate you have come back and let me know that after syncing with your laptop the app works again, thanks for letting me know!

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I tried what @markguzzo suggested and it worked

Thabk you everyone for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nicole1212, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know @markguzzo's instructions were able to resolve your issue, I'm very glad! Smiley Happy

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once I took Fitbit out of my Bluetooth and shut off my vpn. It let me sign in then I started from the beginning and added to Bluetooth again.  No problem since

Best Answer

How do you turn on set automatically for date and time when you can’t get in then a little thing keeps spinning?

Best Answer
0 Votes

not ios but windows 11 is not letting me sign in

Best Answer
0 Votes