Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app connects to iPhone but not iPad

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Managed to connect Alta HR thru Fitbit app on iPhone 5 no problem, but was unable to do so  on iPad 2 32 GB running IOS 9.3.5. When I select Fitbit model on app it takes me to screen, but then does not allow me to enter any personal details. According to the posts I have read Fitbit app should work for both iPhone and iPad , but not for me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@RuthCG  Did you set up your iPhone to receive notifications?  If you did, the tracker isn't just "connected" by Bluetooth, there is a tighter bond that keeps your tracker from connecting to other devices.

Also, I just read your post a little closer -- tell me if I am misreading this.  It sounds like you are also trying to set up the device on your iPad, too.  You don't need to do that.  You only need to set it up on one device.  On your iPad, you only need to log in to the app.  Like I said above, if you get notifications on your iPhone, you will get the last synced data on your iPad, but you will not be able to sync with it.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@RuthCG  Did you set up your iPhone to receive notifications?  If you did, the tracker isn't just "connected" by Bluetooth, there is a tighter bond that keeps your tracker from connecting to other devices.

Also, I just read your post a little closer -- tell me if I am misreading this.  It sounds like you are also trying to set up the device on your iPad, too.  You don't need to do that.  You only need to set it up on one device.  On your iPad, you only need to log in to the app.  Like I said above, if you get notifications on your iPhone, you will get the last synced data on your iPad, but you will not be able to sync with it.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks very much just called up app on iPad and sure enough it had all the latest data. I am a happy user now

Best Answer