Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app crashes after update (CLOSED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated the Fitbit app (app version 2.20) on my iPhone 5c (iOS 9.2.1) and it keeps crashing every time I try to turn it on. If I delete the app to reinstall it. I will lose all my data. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

@Runnerlady57 did you ever use a computer and go to www.fitbit.com ? From there you can set up a new tracker, set up your account or if that's been setup in the past (it would be since you were using the app previously) you can sign on to your account on the computer. I think either in there or just googling FitBit you can have the option to download an app from there as well. It will ask you if it's Apple or Android. If that doesn't work, I have no idea -- I am a new apple user myself and do not know all the in's and out's of the cloud. What I do know is everything you install from the app store goes to your cloud account. Check that out if you possess the know how. Personally I do not, sorry. I hope you get it all working again though. You can also try your phone service provider and see if they can help you out. Like a Verizon, Sprint, AT&T store or who ever you deal with. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It worked from safari! Thanks! 😊
Best Answer

@Runnerlady57 YEAH!!  Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
My app crashes every time I use it to track my walks.
Best Answer

My fitbit exercise tracking app crashes at least once on every walk. I wish it had a bell or something to notify me. I am using the Charge HR, and iPhone 5c. I didn't update to the latest iPhone OS because I read that there were major issues with it, and can't figure out how to update the Fitbit app. I wish it would at least notify me (with a ding, or something) that the app had crashed so I could restart and not lose distance.

Best Answer

Mine also crashes on every run.  I also wish i could know when it happens.  I used to think it was when I touched the phone to change music or got a text, but happens even when I don't touch it now.  Mine usually happens in same few locations, though.  I wonder if switching from wifi to cellular in those spots? I have cellular data and everything previously mentioned before switched on and nothing seems to help.  Need update, FitBit, do you hear us?

Best Answer
I'm been having the same problem with the tracker crashing while tracking exercise. It started just after I updated my iPhone 5c's OS, which was recommended to resolve my lose it app from crashing. The lose it app is now fine. I Haven't seen a prompt to send a crash report. Would like some help from Fitbit.
Best Answer
I do not get a "report" prompt, either. Just a notice that the app has crashed, but that fortunately the data have been saved. However, time/distance data are gone; only my steps are saved. The instructions to fix it were not meant for a person whose first computer was a rock and a sharp stick and my tech-savvy grandkids are hundreds of miles away. An easy fix, or a warning bell to alert me that the tracker isn't running, would be nice. Also, every time I start to track, I get a notice that the GPS is not reliable, and I'm asked if I want to do it anyway. That happened in Florida, Frederick and San Francisco, and on my Force, One, Charge, and Charge-HR, so I don't think it's device- or location-specific.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am having his same problem with my Charge (version 110) 0n the iPhone 6 w/iOS 9.3.1.  Everytime I do a food entry the entry disappears & the app crashes. This has gotten so annoying. Today it has taken crashing to a whole new level. Was out for my daily walk and the app crashed and so did my phone! When I finally got my phone to turn back on, the message said my fitbit app crashed. There was no otpion to "send" so the developers to get the log. The app never did sync up correctly with my device to give me the proper amount of steps. Need another update please!!! STAT!!! I love my fitbit but can't continue with all the crashing 😞

Best Answer
The app has been crashing on me now since March, so over 3 months. Fitbit have offered the same suggested solutions to me as they seem to offer every one, "log out, close the app, restart the phone" and the problem has only continued to deteriorate. It started crashing after about 50 minutes but it occurs after 20 minutes now. Fitbit continue to assure me they are working on it, but judging by the number of posts here, it's obviously a widespread problem that the Fitbit techs aren't able to sort out. I think they're under too much pressure to continue adding features to the app to be able to fix this and to do otherwise would be uneconomic.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Resolved my issue, just had to remember my password, seems faster then it was before.

Best Answer
0 Votes