Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app crashing immediately upon opening

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit app now crashes immediately when I try to open it, and restarting my phone doesn't seem to help. Apparently the app updated today according to the app store, so I'm guessing that's probably to blame. I'm using an iphone SE (2016 model) with iOS 13.6.1. I have tried going to the iOS help section of the community, but it just tells me "Access denied". Has anyone else had this issue yet and found a fix?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for your reports and steps tried prior to posting. As you may know this issue was recently affecting the iOS Fitbit app and was already resolved by our team. If you're having difficulties, please make sure the Fitbit app is updated as this will ensure its performance.

I'm going to close this thread to prevent any confusion. If you have a different question, I'd encourage you to start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

Have a good day!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10
  • Yes, exactly the same problem I’m having.  My phone updated last night and now app won’t load and screen immediately goes bland when I try to open it.  Not finding a solution.  Ugh!
Best Answer

I am using my iPad app I haven’t used my Fitbit for a month As the bracelet broke. When I recharged it and opened the app it wouldn’t let me log in..Now my Fitbit has the wrong date and time. My app is up to date .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @GiantRoboJustin @KSC66 @SunsetRunner.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that the Fitbit app crashes when you try to open it. Thank you for trying to resolve this and providing the additional details. I understand how you are feeling and I am here to help. I recommend confirming if you've done the following:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Reboot your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.
  4. If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Additionally, I recommend checking if your Fitbit device is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update my Fitbit device?

@SunsetRunner If you're unable to log in due to incorrect password, you can reset it by following the steps from this help article: How do I reset my Fitbit password? The time and date on your device should be corrected after syncing. Please follow these instructions if you're experiencing difficulties with syncing: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? The additional troubleshooting steps to correct the time and date can be found here. Regarding the issue with the broken band, is it the original band that came with the purchase?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the help! I had tried force quitting the app a number of times as well as rebooting my phone to no avail. In the end it was the uninstalling the app and re-installing option that turned out to be the winner.

Also, I didn't lose any data in the process 🙂

Best Answer
Glad I was able to help! It was my last resort option and was pleasantly surprised when it worked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @GiantRoboJustin @KSC66, thank you for your replies.

I am glad to hear the issue was resolved after uninstalling and re-installing the app. Thank you for posting the update here! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums. Happy stepping!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done everything and the app is still crashing. I connected to my wifi, rebooted my phone multiple times, deleted and redownloaded the app multiple times. Every time I log in it’ll crash right away. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. Restarting phone, reinstalling app, nothing has worked. I called the Fitbit 800 number and they said they are escalating my problem to a special team and I should hear back in 72 hours. I’ve never had this problem before in the 3 years I’ve had a Fitbit. So annoying!!!!!

Best Answer

Did you ever get yours fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for your reports and steps tried prior to posting. As you may know this issue was recently affecting the iOS Fitbit app and was already resolved by our team. If you're having difficulties, please make sure the Fitbit app is updated as this will ensure its performance.

I'm going to close this thread to prevent any confusion. If you have a different question, I'd encourage you to start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

Have a good day!

Best Answer
0 Votes