Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app displays calories instead of steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does my Fitbit app now display calories instead of steps? The default screen in my Fitbit app used to  display steps. Now it’ displays  calories, which is not as useful for me to track. Just this morning the app was displaying steps as default now it’s calories - how do I switch it back?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @winifredT. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and let me help you with the details displayed on the Fitbit app. It seems that the step tile disappeared from the dashboard and to return it back, please try the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the "Edit" button at the upper right corner.
  2. Under "Manage Activity Items" find steps and check it.
  3. If you'd like to remove one stat from the dashboard, just uncheck it from the list.
  4. Tap on Save.

Always make sure to have the Fitbit app updated to the latest version. If the steps are still not visible on the dashboard, let me know your iPhone's model and OS version so I can further investigate.

Let me know how it goes.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @winifredT. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and let me help you with the details displayed on the Fitbit app. It seems that the step tile disappeared from the dashboard and to return it back, please try the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the "Edit" button at the upper right corner.
  2. Under "Manage Activity Items" find steps and check it.
  3. If you'd like to remove one stat from the dashboard, just uncheck it from the list.
  4. Tap on Save.

Always make sure to have the Fitbit app updated to the latest version. If the steps are still not visible on the dashboard, let me know your iPhone's model and OS version so I can further investigate.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning it was displaying steps and now it’s calories. I followed the instructions above, but when I edit and go to activity the only choice is calories. Steps is not showing up. IOS phone 

Best Answer

I had this the delete the app and not get tile migration failed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same, the steps don’t show, calories do show, and steps provided to fix the issue are disabled- unable to edit. Hope another version fixes this soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did that today too but is back to normal 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Somehow mine just now reappeared too, schew!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the details provided and every step tried prior to posting. I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to prevent any confusion. However, if you have another question, I'd encourage you to start a new thread in the Help Forums so you can receive help from the Community. You can always check our Help Site where you'll find information about our devices, features as well as troubleshooting tips.

Your feedback is appreciated and we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes