Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get WhatsApp notifications on Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I don't get a notification if there is a whatsapp message or a facebook messenger message. What am I doing wrong?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and removed label

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Sarie86. Welcome! It's great to see a new face around. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Let's work together to get your app notifications working correctly. Before anything else, make sure to receive a notification from WhatsApp and Facebook on your phone. Then go to your iPhone settings > Notifications and enable all the options under Alerts and set the Show Previews to Always for WhatsApp and Facebook.

Once you've done that, please try the following steps:

1. On your Versa 2, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap the quick settings icon. Make sure the Do Not Disturb (circle with a line icon) and Sleep Mode (moon icon) settings are off.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on your profile picture.

3. Tap on Versa 2 > Notifications > App Notifications.
  4. Turn On the notifications for WhatsApp and Facebook.
  5. Go back and sync your Versa 2 to apply the changes. You should now receive those notifications on your watch.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy,

I am having an issue with setting my notifications. I followed the instructions you listed but when I click on the “notifications” tab nothing happens.

I’ve tried resetting the phone and device and everything is updated.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums, @DrDave22.

Thanks for trying the suggestions posted above and for your efforts while working on this situation. Because you're not able to access the notifications settings, let me share that our team is aware of this issue experienced on iOS devices and as last resort, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app on your iPhone. Once this is done, open the Fitbit app, log back into your account and try setting up your notifications one more time.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! What if when i get into notifications, theres no “app notifications”? I want to set whatsapp notifs on my versa 2, but it doesnt let me 😞

Best Answer

@Kikaamoya Welcome on board.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing those details. While this is odd, may I know if you've tried the steps suggested in my previous post? Also, what options are displayed after tapping your profile picture > Versa 2 > Notifications?

In the meantime, I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Forget your Versa 2 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  3. Reboot your phone and restart your watch.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  5. If you're asked to pair your watch, tap Pair.
  6. Set up the notifications one more time.
Best Answer
0 Votes