Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app displays someone else’s workouts

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Occasionally I get someone else’s workout  on my Charge 5 and Fitbit app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome, @admiringfan. It's good to see a new face around!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. While this is odd, if the issue is experienced just with logged exercises, could you check if your Charge 5 has SmartTrack activated? Let me explain that this function allows your tracker to automatically recognize select exercises based on the continuous movement of your arms. To learn more about it, see this help article.

With this in mind, if your movements were similar to another activity during a certain amount of time, your tracker might have logged those activities thinking you were active to give you credit for your efforts. You can always delete those logs by following the steps described here.

If by any chance this keeps happening after turning off SmartTrack, please let me know so I can investigate on my end and continue helping you with this matter.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome, @admiringfan. It's good to see a new face around!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. While this is odd, if the issue is experienced just with logged exercises, could you check if your Charge 5 has SmartTrack activated? Let me explain that this function allows your tracker to automatically recognize select exercises based on the continuous movement of your arms. To learn more about it, see this help article.

With this in mind, if your movements were similar to another activity during a certain amount of time, your tracker might have logged those activities thinking you were active to give you credit for your efforts. You can always delete those logs by following the steps described here.

If by any chance this keeps happening after turning off SmartTrack, please let me know so I can investigate on my end and continue helping you with this matter.

Best Answer

It happened again yesterday. Can you fix this bug that allows my Fitbit to intercept other people’s exercises? I would like to only see my exercises.

Best Answer

Hi there, @admiringfan.

Thanks for getting back and letting me know the issue persists. Before anything else, let me clarify that your account will show only the exercises either initiated by the Exercise app, SmartTrack or the Fitbit app; or manually logged. However, neither your Charge 5 nor the Fitbit app will detect or log exercises done by other people.

As mentioned above, your tracker might have SmartTrack function activated which will explain why those activities were detected and logged incorrectly on the Fitbit app. Because your post didn't mention, please make sure all the Auto Recognized Exercises are set to Ignored with the steps described here under Can I change how my activities are tracked?

Additionally, let me recommend reviewing this help article which explains how to delete any exercise logged in the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

I get someone else's step count on mine a LOT. It eventually will change to mine but this happens weekly. It is annoying and happens with my Charge 3. Never happened with any other of my fitbits. This IS something that programmers need to fix not a misreading of activity. PS I'm a geek, and I know things, just not your things 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes