Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app freezes when I try to sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since about 2 weeks ago every time I’ve tried syncing my Fitbit to the app it would freeze. I’ve reinstalled it I’ve also even reset my whole phone. Still every time I get on the app it’s “syncing” and freezes... I’ve logged out and logged in and my Bluetooth is on and it’s connected to my Fitbit charge 2 but it’s the app that will not unfreeze. I can’t even go on any other screen. I have an I phone 7s 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hey @Tania12, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear that you are having this inconvenience while trying to sync your Charge 2 with your iPhone 7S, but thanks for letting us know about this issue. Our team is aware of the problem and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

In the meantime, you can try to sync either with another compatible device or with a computer. 

By the way, I just moved your post to the correct board so you can get better assistance. 

I will appreciate your time and patience into this matter. Smiley Wink 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue except with a Fitbit Alta on an IPhone 6. The app freezes right away. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. I’ve forced quit it. Nothing works. What do I do now. 

Best Answer

Thank you for replying!! I tried again this time I went and turned off my Bluetooth so my Fitbit wouldn’t sync when I opened up the app and then went and disconnected the Fitbit charge 2 from the app and reconnected it and it has been doing great so far. Even though I’ve done the disconnecting from the app before this time it seemed to have fixed it. Especially after I had to go and reset my entire phone. 

Best Answer

I just posted a comment try to turn off Bluetooth and go on app and disconnect the Fitbit from the app and then reconnect it. It restarted my display and etc but my information as in steps and all were not erased and it finally works now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @JamiTate85, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Robot Happy I appreciate the tips you have tried so far to fix this. As I mentioned, this is an issue that is occurring with the iOS app, however, as my friend @Tania12, you can try the same steps that she followed, just keep in mind that I can't guarantee that they will work, but let me know how it goes! 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been happening for a few weeks now especially when I try to look at my sleep results in the morning. Once I touch on this icon everything freezes and nothing else can be opened. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @SandoTonia 

I’m sorry you’re experiencing issues. I would suggest force shutting the app and restarting your device. 
Here’s how: 

log out of your Fitbit App

force shut the app by swiping the app upward

now turn off your iOS device completely, wait 1-2 mins then restart your iOS device 

log back into your Fitbit App as you normally would with your email address and password 

😃 Hopefully this will resolve your app freezing issue. Keep me posted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m going to try this. So annoying when it freezes 

Best Answer