Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app is freezing after the update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated my FitBit app to the newest version and now I’m experiencing all kinds of glitches. It keeps freezing me—for example when I try to edit a menstrual cycle it will freeze and I can’t save it, cancel, edit, anything. And the only way I can get the app to unfreeze is to close it completely. It also did this same freezing problem when I tried to click on the chat support feature and wouldn’t unfreeze until I closed the app. I’ve tried it at least 6 times now (two days in a row) and the problem keeps happening so I think it has to be the app update. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner - you will get a fresh uncorrupted copy of the App installed. It normally fixes things when something has got corrupted.

Before reinstalling the App restart the phone because it too may haver a corruption,

If the fresh copy has a bug then it will be necessary to inform Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @SunsetRunner - it seems like you identified the issues correctly as App glitches. The remedy is if you have a recent compatible phone that still supports the Fitbit app, is to uninstall the app and reinstall it.

You will of course need to set up Notifications and underneath the App notifications again along with any special Pay or other settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks guy. Thanks for your suggestion. Quick question. If I delete the app and reinstall it, I’ll be reinstalling the same version of it. If the glitch has to do with the most recent app update, then will the same problem still be present when I reinstall the exact same version? Or am I missing something? I’m afraid that this issue won’t be resolved until they release a new version of the app . . . 

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner - you will get a fresh uncorrupted copy of the App installed. It normally fixes things when something has got corrupted.

Before reinstalling the App restart the phone because it too may haver a corruption,

If the fresh copy has a bug then it will be necessary to inform Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the suggestion! That was some helpful context.

I just tried it and unfortunately it did not resolve the glitch. I informed FitBit directly a couple days ago, but they didn’t have a solution so I’ll probably need to follow up and let them know again that this is still an issue. 

Thanks!

Best Answer