Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps doubling my weight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently got an Inspire 2, and even though I’ve entered my weight manually, every day or two the app keeps (approximately) doubling my weight. I’m aware of other issues of units being converted incorrectly, and have tried using different units - but whether it’s in kg, lb or stone my weight keeps doubling and I have to keep manually changing it back! It’s making the app drastically overestimate my calorie burn. What can I do to override this glitch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @aayushi293.

I am sorry to hear the Fitbit app keeps doubling your weight and you have to keep manually changing it back. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I understand how you are feeling and I am here to help. I recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.

You can find more information about tracking your weight at How do I track my weight in the Fitbit app?

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LiliyaFitbit

Thanks for the suggestion. I followed those steps, but the next morning the app had doubled my weight again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @aayushi293, thank you for your reply. 

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts. Please provide me with your phone's model and iOS version so I can investigate further. Have you tried to check your online fitbit.com dashboard to see if you see the same error?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for helping to try and sort this issue out @LiliyaFitbit. I’m using an iPhone 6s Plus with software version 13.7.

Yes, on my laptop the online Fitbit dashboard displays the same error. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your response, @aayushi293.

I appreciate the additional details. I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LiliyaFitbit, thanks for passing on my details to the Support team. They emailed with a couple of steps to follow, which I did, but the same problem is still occurring. I have to keep manually correcting my weight at least every other day. Could there be another solution to this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @aayushi293, thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for the update and for working with our Support team. Our team has recently released a new version of the Fitbit app. Since updates come with new features and bug fixes, please make sure you have downloaded a new version by following these instructions. I also would like to encourage you to keep working with our team as they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. I am sure they will do their best to investigate the issue and help in the best possible manner. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes