Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app not responding with voiceover

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit support said they could do nothing to help me. And that they were unable to report my concern to the appropriate programming area or person or persons to have it addressed. They told me to submit my concern at this forum.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@Podunk Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thank you for the details shared on your post. Please note that you should be able to hear your stats with VoiceOver on your iPhone, so in order for me to better assist you and share the feedback, please confirm what is the information that you want to hear on the Fitbit app. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for responding to my concern. I will be dictating this information to my iPhone and at times it will probably put in the wrong words but hopefully you will be able to interpret the meaning.

The screen now says button where it previously gave out distance and said distance followed by button.
At the top of the screen next to today where it used to say edit it now says nothing
Intermittently I can get the battery charge off the iPhone screen by swiping back from previous screen. This information is helpful but not always available on the screen.
Sleep now provides the length of time and a sleep score where prior to change it used to also include a summary of the previous nights sleep Thai percentage and information 10 regarding ram and on their sleep stages
Daily exercise for a short period of time provided days along with a summary of exercise for that. Including active minutes calories etc.

I hope you find my comments and concerns helpful. I am available to talk to you or anyone from Fitbit if it would be helpful. Thank you Mark Elias Podunk

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Podunk

I appreciate the detailed information shared. I was double checking the functions for voiceover on the Fitbit app and please note that I was able to get the same information that you are getting now, like steps, calories, distance, floors and the next tiles. 

To get more details about Sleep and exercise you can double tap the icon or press and hold it and then tap the expand icon and finally tap done. 

If the Fitbit app is still not giving you the correct options, please let me know if you recall when this started to happen, if this occurred after the last update on your phone or the Fitbit app and if this is affecting only the Fitbit app or if you are having difficulties with any other app on your phone. 

Catch you later!

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhoneThe majority of the changes occurred after installing the last update. I did delete the Fitbit app and reinstall it at the suggestion of one of the customer service agents.

I did forget to mention that periodically when I touch the screen after opening the Fitbit application the screen reader says location
All of the software on my iPhone continues to work without any issues. The only issue is I have are related to the Fitbit software.
You did mention clicking on different screen items to get the information when the screen opens up. I do this on a regular basis. However I am sometimes frustrated by the fact that what the screen reads is not always clear and in some cases the information is frustrating and for that reason and I do not open up the screens to get the background information. On one screen when I open The screen reader says something like katakana Metacom I have no idea what it means but it says the same thing as a swipe through it a number of times.
Thank you for getting back to me as quickly as you did. I hope this additional information is helpful and that the changes that will be made in the next firmware update I will address some of these if not all of these issues.
Thank you,
Mark Elias Podunk
If you wish to get more information feel free to call me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just tried to access the Fitbit app (version 3.48) with Voiceover running under IOS 15.0.1. I am finding that the steps count is not spoken, with just "button" announced.  Voiceover will read out other statistical figures when you ask it to read the entire screen.

This problem makes the FitBit unsuitable for Visually Impaired people who rely on Voiceover.  I know that in UK RNIB are currently promoting fitness to their members.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The untitled button is actually distance. When you open the screen behind the button it does say steps. It should say mileage not steps and the number displayed does not show the actual mileage walked but shows a value that has been and round it up or rounded down as far as total distance.

Sent from my iPhone when I updated to this version of the same screen it took me a while to get used to the response upon opening. And identified it’s self as my profile. Not as the same software which it states when you swipe or cross to get to the next field where it identifies itself is the same software.
I am hoping that sometime soon the software will be updated and the screens will be better reflect the information that sighted people are able to get. This is not an uncommon problem with other software developers. I hope you were able to interpret what I said I use the dictating capability of the iPhone to write this message. Thank you, Podunk
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @DaveWP. Hi there @Podunk I hope you're doing well. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and the additional details shared. It seems that Voiceover says button for the big circle found in the Fitbit app, it will depend if you have steps or distance as the main stat. I tried to use this function as well and I'm getting the same as you, which means that this is the way that the Fitbit app responds with Voiceover. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. To share additional feedback or if you want the features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion board, as this is always useful to continue to track popularity and demand over time.

Catch you later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That stated earlier I am a blind user using voice over as a screen reader. I have never seen the screens on the Fitbit application. The edit button has still not been made available to me and other users a voiceover as a screen reader. The distance tile issue was resolved quickly.

The information for sleep and exercise is still not available and it appears it will not be returned to the home screen on the Fitbit application.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We updated my iPhone, and when the Fitbit iOS app upgraded to the new phone, it made heart rate information on the home screen unavailable. Switching from an iPhone 7 LTE to a iPhone SEGEN3 5G has fixed the screen, freezing issue and the flipping of tiles. The edit button is still unavailable and very frustrating, but it will not be as frustrating as not having the heart rate information on the home screen. I will continue to bring up the issues I have with the accessibility of the Fitbit iOS they have in hopes that someday someone might address the issues. I am available at any time to speak with anyone from Fitbit software development or whatever might be appropriate at Google.

Best Answer
0 Votes