Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app requires me to login daily

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit app on my apple phone now requires me to login daily.  That’s bad enough however the only way I can get the app to log in is to first login via the web site (getting the sms message), then wait 5 to 10 mins open the app and then log in.

has there been a change to the app?

as part of the fault find I have removed and reinstalled the app

please advise/help most frustrating

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the community forums, @jimnits.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and the steps tried prior to posting. I understand how frustrating this can be and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. As you may know, our team recently released the 3.77 version which brings improvements for the Fitbit app.

That being said, may I know if the issue persist even after updating the Fitbit app? If so, did you try rebooting your phone afterward? Also, what is the model of your phone? These details will help me to further investigate this situation.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi using an iPhone 7
The confusing bit is the need to log into the website first
Then I can login to the app

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi there, @jimnits.

Thanks for getting back with the requested information. Indeed this is an odd behavior as you should be able to log into the Fitbit app regardless if you've already done so on the online dashboard. Because your post didn't mention, may I know if you rebooted your phone after updating the Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Phone been rebooted a number of times after re-install will try reinstall again tonight followed by reboot
Best Answer

@jimnits It's good to see you again.

Thanks for confirming to have rebooted your phone, and your willingness to try more steps. Let me share that our team started releasing the Fitbit app 3.78 version, and as with any update, it brings performance improvements. While this is a progressive roll-out, please make sure to install it as soon as you see it available in the App Store and keep an eye on the Fitbit app afterward.

Best Answer
0 Votes