Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app shows a blank screen when opening it.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We were at the park and about to do the morning jog, but first, I have to set up my fitbit to track me using gps. But, the app will not open, it just stay blank or white screen. I have a Fitbit Charge HR. 

thanks,

-jorge v

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

Hello @Jubillum, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Have you updated the Fitbit app recently? Does this issue happen every time you open the Fitbit app or it happens sporadically? If so, at this moment I would like to suggest you the next time the app shows blank, please force-close it by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping the app up. Then open it again and check if it shows blank again. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you or if you're still experiencing the same issue, please don't hesitate to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Sent from my MyPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same issue as of today.

2 users in our household with Alta HRs, both getting the white screen when opening the app.

I force closed and reopened the app several times, then restarted phone, still white screen. Deleted the app and reinstalled. Now I can't even log in to the app.

Best Answer

Hello @Jubillum, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community @therealEMB, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

@Jubillum, unfortunately, it seems your latest message didn't come through as it appears blank. Would it be possible for you to reply to me again with your findings?

@therealEMB, are you getting an error message when trying to log in to the app or is the app is still showing blank and not letting you input your email address and password? In either case I would like to suggest you to turn off WiFi and Bluetooth on your phone by going to the Settings on your phone (not through Control Center) and then open the Fitbit app and try to log in. If you're able to log in, turn on WiFi and Bluetooth again. If you're not able to log in, and if you're getting an error message, please reply to me with a screenshot of the error message so I can check this further.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am still getting the same problem. Blank white screen when trying to access the app without wifi. Did everything you have suggested to no avail. I am using iPhone and my wife is using Samsung which she doesn’t have any problem at all usinng or accessing the app without wifi.
My daughter’s Charge HR 2 doesn’t have any problem at all on her iPhone.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Sent from my MyPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jubillum, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about the Fitbit app only showing you a blank screen. At this moment I would like to request some information from you so I can forward it to our team. 

• iPhone/iPad model you're currently using.
  • OS version your mobile device is running.
  • App version currently installed. (if possible go to Account > Help to get the version number)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. The phone I’m using is iPhone 6S, OS 11.0.3. My fitbit is Charge HR version 122

Sent from my MyPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jubillum thanks for taking the time to reply Smiley Happy

At this moment I will forward your information to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more information to share about this issue, I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, in the meantime if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MarcoG, thanks for the reply. Yes, I did all the things you have said to no avail. I am using an iPhone 6s ios 11.1.2 and my fitbit hr version 2.43, and still having the same experience but on my daughter’s, which she is using HR2, dhe have no problem at all. I guess i have to live with it, i don’t want to spend another money just to get the HR2. But i am disappointed with the HR. If i could only swapped it without buying a new one.  Thanks

-jorge (@jubillum)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jubillum, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

At this moment I would like to suggest you to restart your phone and try to open the app again. If the app is still showing a blank screen, please uninstall the app, restart your phone once again and install the app back. Then try to open it and let me know if you're still seeing a blank screen.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can help you with, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Marco,
Thanks for replying, already did what you suggested and I think almost everything that I could think of and still having the same issue. I really am disappointed on this model of fitbit (Fitbit Charge HR) when using it on iPhone. Like what I have said, on my daughter’s Fitbit Charge HR2 using her iPhone, she doesn’t have any issue at all or on my wife’s Charge HR using her Samsung, have I known this, I should have bought that model (Charge HR2). But, this piece is not a cheap one to buy, just to replace it, so, I guess, I have to live with it with disappointment. Unless you will replace mine with Charge HR2, which I doubt you will do.

Thank you,
Jorge (jubillum)

Sent from my iPhoneX
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this exact same issue.  Without any data connection or wifi i have a blank white screen when the app loads.

iphone X, app version 2.43 (730), fitbit Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jubillum, I appreciate all you have done so far, thanks for replying once again. It's nice to see you around @stevenjbland, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I would like to thank you both for trying all the troubleshooting steps provided so far. At this moment our engineers are aware of the problem and are working towards a prompt and proper solution.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Once I get more information to share with you about this issue, I'll make sure to update this thread. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding; in the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
How about upgrading my Fitbit Charge HR to Charge HR 2 free of charge, since, the Charge HR you’ve sold us have a hidden problem that doesn’t exist in the Charge HR2 and we have already spent the money to buy that Charge HR knowing that it will work the way it supposed to be as it should BUT it was not. That is all I could ask for.
Thanks,
Jorge (@jubillum)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with the blank screen when I attempt to open the MyFitBit app.  Has worked like a charm for 2+ years until today.  I use an iPhone 6SE.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit app is showing a blank screen. I have a Fitbit Alta hr. It was doing great for the past 2+ years and today, it is simply not loading. I have an iPhone 7, turned it off and on several times but it is not working. Checked the community bulletin for a possible fix but can’t seem to find any. Anyone has a possible solution?

Best Answer

I am also having this problem and have performed all the suggestions you have made to other folks. I hate to erase app as all the data I have added since Father's Day will be loss. I have a iPhone 7 Plus

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar problem.  When I click on the FitBit app I get a white screen and then closes.  I have an iPhone 6s.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One more comment it looks like my FitBit app was updated today and that's when the problem started.

Best Answer
0 Votes