Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app was deleted and cannot be re-downloaded

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense stopped receiving text notifications, so I was following the suggested troubleshooting from these forums.

When I attempted to delete/re-install the Fitbit app, the app deleted but when I went to re-download the app, the ios app store did not present a button that says "GET." The blue button in the ios app store says "OPEN" as if the app is already installed on my phone

After I restarted the phone a couple times, the app icon is now on my home screen, but the icon looks as if it is preparing to download (picture).

ios home screen shows fitbit app stuck in limbo

It has been like this for over an hour. I cannot open the app. I cannot download the app. I cannot even delete the app. How can I get this app on my phone again? I am using ios 15.4.1

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you both for trying to help me figure out this situation.

None of these suggestions solved the problem(s). I had tried to delete the app from the storage menu multiple times before making this post, but it wasn't even showing up in that list.

This situation was frustrating.

I finally found a way to fix it and will leave it here in case anyone else runs into the same problem:

1. I searched for an ios update. There was one. I downloaded/installed it.
  2. After the phone restart (as part of the update), I went to the app store and was able to download the app.

My guess is that since I have automatic software updates enabled on my device, some process got interrupted and caused the error. So now I'm running ios 15.5 and I was at least able to download the app, open it and log back in.

The Sense is still not receiving text notifications, but that failure should probably be a separate post.

Thanks to you both for coming to help.

The frustration with fitbit continues...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @mybody - The blue Open button is there because your Fitbit app is still in the Cloud. It was not deleted, just removed from your Home Screen. Here is what I would suggest you do:

1. Close all open apps on your iPhone. Then power it down completely. 
  2. Wait 5 minutes, then power it back on. If you need help doing this, let us know which iPhone you have.
  3. Open the App Store and search again for the Fitbit app.
  4. Tap the Open button.

This should resolve the problem. Please let us know if it does.    

Best Answer

Thank you for trying to help me with this situation.

This did not work.

I tried this multiple times before posting and again this morning after reading your suggestion.

When I originally deleted the app, I specifically chose to "delete/uninstall the app" as opposed to just removing it from my home screen. The situation remains the same. The app's icon is the white square with the grid and circles that indicates it is in the process of being downloaded/installed.

I cannot delete the app. I cannot open the app. I cannot download the app.

I am using an iphone 6s plus with ios 15.4.1

Best Answer

Hi there, @mybody. @SunsetRunner Thanks for stopping by to help our member.

@mybody Thanks for every step tried prior to posting, as well as the screenshot provided. I've confirmed your iPhone is a compatible device, and I'm sorry you're having this experience. This shouldn't be happening and as last resort, let me recommend the following steps:

1. On your phone's settings tap General.
  2. Tap iPhone Storage and find the Fitbit app.
  3. Tap Delete App and reboot your phone.
  4. Then try reinstalling the Fitbit app one more time.
Best Answer

Thank you both for trying to help me figure out this situation.

None of these suggestions solved the problem(s). I had tried to delete the app from the storage menu multiple times before making this post, but it wasn't even showing up in that list.

This situation was frustrating.

I finally found a way to fix it and will leave it here in case anyone else runs into the same problem:

1. I searched for an ios update. There was one. I downloaded/installed it.
  2. After the phone restart (as part of the update), I went to the app store and was able to download the app.

My guess is that since I have automatic software updates enabled on my device, some process got interrupted and caused the error. So now I'm running ios 15.5 and I was at least able to download the app, open it and log back in.

The Sense is still not receiving text notifications, but that failure should probably be a separate post.

Thanks to you both for coming to help.

The frustration with fitbit continues...

Best Answer

Thanks for letting us know, @mybody . I’m marking your answer as Best Answer in case it can help someone else. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @mybody and @SunsetRunner.

@mybody Thanks for trying the suggestions from my post, as well as sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm glad you were able to sort this out and I'm sure your post will help many other members experiencing similar issues. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know.

By the way, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can meet new friends and find great tips to reach your goals. Happy stepping! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

How’s the fitbit app on iOS 15.5? I was planning on updating but saw a post on macrumors saying the app stopped working after he updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @leftyseel - I am on iOS 15.5 and have been since it was automatically installed on my iPhone 13. No problems at all with the Fitbit app … or anything else. 

Best Answer