Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit charge 2 calculates step when I brush my teeth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I wear it on my dominant hand and start brushing my teeth using my dominant hand, the Fitbit charge 2 calculates all my hand movements as steps. It’s something weird and I have never tried walking with my hands .

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Shonvs, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please note that Fitbit trackers measure your steps with the natural movement of your arms when you're walking. It's possible the tracker detected steps when you were brushing your teeth by the movement in you arm. When that happens, I would like to suggest you to log a Driving activity and remove the steps and floors from your account totals. 

To log in a driving activity:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Exercise Tile
  2. Tap on the chronometer icon on the top right corner.
  3. Tap on Log and search for Driving.
  4. Enter the date, duration, and start time of the activity.
  5. Tap on Log. Your steps, floors, and calories burned will decrease for the time period you specified.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Shonvs, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please note that Fitbit trackers measure your steps with the natural movement of your arms when you're walking. It's possible the tracker detected steps when you were brushing your teeth by the movement in you arm. When that happens, I would like to suggest you to log a Driving activity and remove the steps and floors from your account totals. 

To log in a driving activity:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Exercise Tile
  2. Tap on the chronometer icon on the top right corner.
  3. Tap on Log and search for Driving.
  4. Enter the date, duration, and start time of the activity.
  5. Tap on Log. Your steps, floors, and calories burned will decrease for the time period you specified.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer