Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit for iPhone 6 Plus

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit app was disabled today 1/21/22 on my iPhone 6 Plus. I am not able to download from the App Store. What happen?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@helenp_98   First, I need to say that I am not an expert on this.  I'm not sure what you mean by your app became disabled, but I can tell you why you can't download it.  The Fitbit app has required iOS 13 for a little while.  Your phone can't support iOS 13, so it is unavailable to you.  You can try the following.  Tap on your profile picture in the Apple App Store.  Look for Purchased and see if you can find a previous version.  I have never done this before, so this is only a guide.  I know for certain that Fitbit removed all older versions of the app from the Google Play Store.  I didn't see any announcement that this happened in the Apple App Store.  I will ask a moderator for clarification.

I need to make you aware of a more significant issue for you.  Apple stopped supporting the iPhone 6/6+.  This means that you stopped getting security updates.  A major security update was released after your phone lost support.  It's time to upgrade your phone.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us @helenp_98 and for your assistance @LZeeW. I'm sorry to hear the Fitbit App was disabled.

Could you please let me know what you meant with disabled? Only the last version of the app is available on the Apple App Store and as @LZeeW mentioned, the requirement is iOS 13 as a minimum. 

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

trying to find an older version from the App Store didn't work. there was one version but when I tried to open it nothing happen. 

Thanks for the info. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

the app on my phone no longer launches it does not display the Fitbit logo, it seems to be a generic logo lines and circles no name. 

Yes my phone is not iOS 13, it is IOS 12. 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for the details @helenp_98, I checked the App Store before sending my message yesterday and only found the latest version of the Fitbit App. Since you have iOS 12 the Fitbit App can't be downloaded anymore. 

Did the App just disappear or just shows the logo lines you mentioned? I would follow @LZeeW advise if possible.

Have a nice weekend.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeWIt's not correct to say Apple has stopped providing security updates for the iPhone 6 and 6+. The phones are a bit long in the tooth and Apple is not developing new products for them. They they have said repeatedly that they will continue to make security updates available. I have a 6+ and get one every once in a while, most recently last month. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222

Best Answer

@banct   Thank you for correcting me.  I didn't bookmark the site that said that Apple stopped security updates, but I did read it somewhere.  I'll stop adding it to new posts.  I appreciate the correction.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer