Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not loading foods for food log

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had issues for 2 weeks now where the app won’t load new food items in my food log. I can locate the item in the search but when I pick it to add to my log it’s just spins and doesn’t load?  

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @HaychyH.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I recommend checking if your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app?

Please also try the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Clear your iPhone cache: How to Clear Your Browser's Cache on an iPhone.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.

By the way, I've moved your post to the iOS App board so we can keep our forums organized.

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply but this hasn’t resolved the issue? 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @HaychyH.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts. Let me share that our team started to release a new version of the Fitbit app which brings fixes to bugs and improvements. I recommend to download it once you see it available: How do I update the Fitbit app? 

Hope this gets you back on track. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Had this same issue for weeks now. It seems to be affecting a number of people, especially with 'older' iPhones (such as the iPhone 6 and 6s plus).

Solution:

1. Go to settings on your phone

2. Tap General > Software Update

3. Update your iPhone to IOS to 14.6.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
Getting a new phone. Hope it works.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @rileshuntIt’s good to see you in the community, @keith64.

@rileshunt I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your solution! I am sure this information will be helpful to other users. Thank you for your time and efforts.

@keith64 I appreciate your input and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, thank you for the above replies. I’ve just done the update and I’m still having the issue unfortunately 😞 I do have an iPhone 6 but I don’t want to get a new phone as mine works fine in all other areas.  The app worked great when I bought the fitbit a few months back. It’s getting really frustrating now though with the constant spinning and not uploading items 😔

Best Answer

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts. I understand that this can be very frustrating and would like to confirm the operating system of your iPhone and if you've followed the steps suggested by @rileshunt in this post. Please also let me know the version of your Fitbit app: tap the Today tab > your profile picture > Help. The app version is at the top.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Purchased a new iPhone 12. All is good now.
Best Answer

Thank you for the update, @keith64.

I am glad to hear you're back on track! I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience and your new phone. Let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and create your own topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.

The app version is 3.43.1 (1057) and IOS is 14.6.

it’s now not loading any food items whatsoever.

Best Answer

I appreciate the additional details and would like to confirm if you don't see frequent, recent and custom foods or you don't see the options when you search for food? If possible, please provide a screenshot. You can find the steps to attach a screenshot in How To: Add An Image To Your Post

Looking forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

This thread seems to have come to a halt but I am experiencing the same problem.  Selecting a food having entered it into search using either ‘recent’, ‘frequent’ or ‘custom’ results in the app freezing with the whirling symbol in the middle of the phone screen.  I have an iPhone 6S plus with IOS 15.2.1.

Help please, this is really drastically reducing the value of my Fitbit as I monitor my food very carefully.

Thanks in anticipation.

Best Answer
0 Votes