Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Weekly exercise” graph is showing incomplete.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Location: iOS app (v2.43.720) —> “weekly exercise” —> calendar pane (or any pane)

Device: iPhone 7s (iOS 11.1.2)

Tracker: Fitbit Charge 2

Data on the “weekly exercise” panel bar graphs is missing.  The exercise calendar only shows the last 5 days when it should show check marks for the last 3 weeks.  The same is true with the “Duration,” “Distance,” “Heart Rate Zones,” and “Calories Burned” panes.  They all show just the last 5 days in the bar graphs.

It is only when I slowly scroll the list of exercises, all the way to the last exercise 3 weeks ago, that the bar graphs are then populated with all 3 weeks worth of data and not just the last 5 days.  (Scrolling the exercise list doesn’t always work, just sometimes.)

As I scroll the list of exercises on the “weekly exercise” panel, I would notice the small spinning circle at the top, indicating that the app is loading in additonal data.  Is this the issue?  Fitbit servers just aren’t providing the data to the app in a timely manner?  I can assure you there’s no issue with my network (190 Mbps down and 25 Mbps up).

This issue is 100% reproducible.  No matter when I go into the “weekly exercise” panel, the data is missing.  I could scroll the exercise list, see all of the data finally populated in the bar graps, click on one of the panes (e.g. “Calories Burned”) and the data just disappears before my eyes.  Again, all of this is 100% reproducible, every time.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Hello @PigletRider, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I understand your concern about this issue and I would like to request you some screenshots that will help complement your report so I can forward it to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello @PigletRider, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I understand your concern about this issue and I would like to request you some screenshots that will help complement your report so I can forward it to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Scenario:
iPhone --> Fitbit app --> Dashboard --> "weekly exercise" panel --> "Calories Burned" pane (or any of the other panes within the "weekly exercise" panel)

I have exercise data going back to 11/04/17. When I access the "weekly exercise" panel, only the last few days of data will show on the bar graphs. All of the rest of the data, going back to 11/04/17, simply isn't there (Image #1). This is bug #1.

When I scroll the list of exercises, the small icon at the top spins, indicating that its loading data from Fitbit's servers (Image #2). I scroll all the way back to 11/04/17 (Image #3) and then scroll back up to the bar graph.  The data, all the way back to 11/04/17, then shows. It is now correct. The bars are all there (Image #4).

I then tap the bar graph to bring up the weekly and monthly totals for calories burned due to exercise. Less than a second (a literal 500ms) after displaying the monthly bar totals correctly (Image #5), the older data/bars simply disappear (Image #6). This is bug #2.

Image #6  was taken less than a second after Image #5. (I had to be really quick here to capture this.) Most of the bars on the left (as highlighted by the red box) just disappears before my eyes. And, of course, the totals are all now woefully incorrect.

When I attempt to scroll the data (back to 11/04/17) as I had just done to retrieve this missing data/bars before, it now stops well short of 11/04/17. I can only scroll back to Tuesday (Image #7). It won't let me scroll the list any further and I'm stuck, no way to get the data back. So the data that was there, accessible to the app just seconds ago, is now gone. This is bug #3.

If I wait a bit of time (few minutes or so), and get out of and back in the app, I can then scroll the data to get all of the data/bars to appear.

So clearly there's a problem with the app...
1) displaying the data, all of it, initially...
2) maintaining the data once all of it is finally retrieved,
3) and losing the data almost immediately (when tapping the bar graph) and then
4) not being able to load it again right away.

NOTE: When I exercise, I do small/short low-to-mid intensity exercises each day. Hence, for each day, there are 3 to 6 exercises logged going back to 11/04/17 for most days. Is this potentially the issue, too many exercise sessions?

Image #1Image #1

Image #2Image #2Image #3Image #3Image #4Image #4Image #5Image #5Image #6Image #6Image #7Image #7

Best Answer

Hello @PigletRider, I hope you're doing well, I appreciate you have taken the time to reply and I thank you for your complete and detailed report. 

At this moment I will forward the information you have provided to me to our team so they can take a better look at it and once I have more information to share with you about this situation I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Once again, thanks for your report; if there's anything else I can do for you or if you need to add something else to your findings, please feel free to reply as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

With the latest iPhone app update, 2.43.1 (732), 2 of the 3 bugs appear to be solved.  The data (once refreshed) does not instantly disappear.  So when I scroll my list of exercises for the past 30 days, all of the data pops up in the bar graphs and no longer disappears in less than a second.  I can now have access to my exercise calories burned totals.  This is the most important thing for me.

Also, whenever I need to refresh the data, the scrolling is not blocked.  I've tried several times now and it appears that I'm always allowed to scroll the list all the way to the bottom.  (Though I would only look to scroll the list for the past 30 days.)  So, at least for now, this is no longer a problem.

Thanks for resolving these 2 issues.

However, without scrolling the list, the "Calories Burned" pane still initially shows incorrect information when it totals the monthly calories.  At present, it appears to only go back about 7 days, not 30.  I still view this as a bug.  Stating that these are monthly totals, but then only totaling (and displaying) the last 7 days, is indeed a bug.  Minimally it should just (1) load the past 30 days automatically, (2) prompt the user to scroll the past 30 days, or (3) just not display the monthly total at all when it has fewer than 30 days of exercise data to reference.

So I guess there are still bugs...

1. The past 30 days of data is not loaded automatically when accessing the "weekly exercise" panel.
  2. The "Calories Burned" pane off of the "weekly exercise" panel initially shows the wrong totals for monthly calories burned.  (You only get the correct number by first scrolling the list of exercises.)
  3. When the app syncs automatically, the past 30 days of data that you just scrolled/downloaded seconds earlier, is now gone.  The sync, any sync, apparently, puts you right back at just 7 days of data.  You then have to scroll the list yet again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit... any status on these issues...

1. The past 30 days of data is not loaded automatically when accessing the "weekly exercise" panel.
  2. The "Calories Burned" pane off of the "weekly exercise" panel initially shows the wrong totals for monthly calories burned.  (You only get the correct number by first scrolling the list of exercises.)
  3. When the app syncs automatically, the past 30 days of data that you just scrolled/downloaded seconds earlier, is now gone.  The sync, any sync, apparently, puts you right back at just 7 days of data.  You then have to scroll the list yet again.
  4. Even after you scroll the full list and get the full/correct set of data (Image #1), if you you tap it to bring up the monthly view and then swipe left, the data being shown for the previous weeks/months is wrong/woefully incomplete (Image #2).  A lot of it is just plain missing.  So you can get the full set of data for the "Calories Burned" pane (as an example) initially , but you can't scroll the previous weeks/months' data.  To add insult to injury, when you exit out of the monthly view, the data (missing again) has changed (Image #3).  Image #1 (all correct) should be the same as Image #3 (incorrect/missing) taken just seconds later.  Data has disappeared.

When will this issue(s) get addressed?

Image #1Image #1

Image #2Image #2

Image #3Image #3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kate (moderator) gave this response over 3 months ago...

"Not being able to see your full exercise calendar is a known issue with our engineers and is currently being investigated, however, there is no timeline for a fix at this time."

Kate (or Marco)... do you have any information on when this might get fixed?  You mentioned that the issue is known.  Have the engineers identified the cause?  Are they working on a resolution?

As of this latest update (below), the problem still exists.  In fact, it is now worse.  After scrolling the list, as you suggest, I see half of the bars (on the monthly calories burned pane bar graph) disappear in under a second.  (This puts me back at square one.  The disappearing bars had been resolved in the previous release.)  This behavior means that the "weekly exercise" panel is useless.  I can't rely on any of the data from any of the panes.  Scrolling only gets you the correct data briefly, under a second, and then the back half of it is gone.

My updated information...

Device: iPhone 7s

Tracker: Fitbit Charge 2

Tracker version: 22.55.2

App version: Fitbit 2.44 (736)

Best Answer

Hello,

This is an old thread but I found it while searching as I have the exact same problem.  As far as I can see no one from Fitbit replied to Piglet's last post, which is really disappointing.  More to the point it is now 4 months later and the bug is still there.

Can someone from Fitbit please given an urgent update as to this bug please?

Regards,

AB

Best Answer

Hello @AnthonyBeckett, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to see new faces around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums. Please note that our team is actively working towards finding a prompt and proper resolution for this issue but sometimes it takes a bit longer than expected. Once I have more information to share with you about this situation, I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

I am also having this same issue. It worked fine until yesterday, I noticed in the evening the disappearance of exercise data from the first 3 quarters of the month and it's the same today. Very frustrating. Why hasn't this issue been resolved yet? 

Best Answer

Hello @julia_rose, have  warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about this situation, however I don't have a specific timeframe for when this issue will be resolved. As I mentioned before, once I have more information to share with you about this situation, I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

I appreciate your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue and find it frustrating. It’s been almost a year since this was first raised. Is user experience important to FitBit?

Best Answer

@Jozolarozo wrote:

I am also having the same issue and find it frustrating. It’s been almost a year since this was first raised. Is user experience important to FitBit?

I don't see how the Moderators on this forum could come back with nearly the exact same response from nearly a year ago, with a proverbially straight face.  By now they should be able to tell us something... something... anything... other than they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.  We've all been quite polite and very patient with Fitbit.

All I want (and have ever wanted) was for the data to simply NOT disappear.  I'll accept the fact that it's wrong and mostly missing initially.  But if I patiently scroll that exercise list and the data is then correct, why can't it just persist for more than a 1/2 second?  I just want to see a composite of my exercises over the past week(s) and month(s).  I'll continue to patiently scroll.  Just freeze the screen when I click on the bar graph.  Whatever mechanism that comes along a 1/2 second after clicking on the graph and blows most of the subsequent data away, just stop it from doing that!  That's it.  I'll then shut up.  I see my data.  It looks right.  And then it's gone in no more than 500 milliseconds.

Keep in mind that I'm not the first to notice this.  So this problem could have been present well over a year ago and even from the beginning.  I just don't know how this made it out of testing.  It is 100% reproducible and there have been dozens of Fitbit app updates since I opened this thread, all touting bug fixes, but not for this nearly year-long issue.

So. @Jozolarozo, to answer your question... IMHO Fitbit has bigger fish to fry and this issue just isn't important enough to them.  It would be nice if Fitbit would say something like...

• Our engineers have looked at this and know WHAT'S happening.
  • Our engineers now know WHY it's happening.
  • The fix, though seemingly trivia, is not at all trivial.  This bug is a tough one.
  • Our engineers are determined to fix this and put out a patch within the next x weeks/months.
  • We are committed to resolving ALL issues reported by our loyal customers in a timely manner.
  • Thanks for your patience.

John

Best Answer

I am also having this issue of the  disappearing exercise data. It is rather frustrating to see that this has been an ongoing problem with no resolution. I’m beginning to see a trend with this company as I continue to experience problems and then subsequently find forums discussing the same problems which were created months or years before I ever started using Fitbit. Hopefully nothing new pops up because these unresolved old problems are quite bothersome and appear to encourage users to find a different health app and device. Please, Fitbit, address these issues and fix these bugs!!! 

Best Answer

Has it really been 1 year and 4 months since I brought this to the attention of Fitbit?   The Moderators back then said that their team was looking into a resolution.  I guess I'm not understanding Fitbit's business model.  We have a situation that's completely reproducible, EVERY time, and there is still no resolution after all this time.  Their exercise graphs produce completely useless, irrelevant and totally wrong output, for at least a year and 4 months, and they do nothing.

Here's the kicker...  I wasn't the first one to bring this to Fitbit's attention.  There were those that came before me.  I noticed this when I first bought my tracker.  So this goes back even further than 16 months.  Other posters wondered if this ever worked.  I wonder as well.

Fitbit... can we please get an answer?  Our team is "aware and working on it" no longer flies with the time that's passed.  Either that statement is bogus or Fitbit's engineers are incompetent.  If you're not going to fix this, your loyal customers have a right to know.  I've held off purchasing the newest tracker from Fitbit for this very reason.  As you can see, others are questioning their purchases as well.

Can you tell us something, something meaningful this time?

Best Answer

I'm adding my voice of discontent to this matter too.  It is clear that this matter is of zero priority to Fitbit or it would have been fixed a long time ago.  What is really disappointing however is that this is a complete failure of customer service.  We shouldn't have to keep pressing this matter with you Fitbit.  You have many competitors who basically do the same thing as you; your customer service should set you apart, not let you down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a problem for me too. It's many of the graphs and charts in the app - the axis (or calendar days) goes back a full month but the data showing my progress only goes back one or two weeks (depending). I'm disappointed to find this has been a known issue for over two years!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This thread started almost 2 years ago. I got my Fitbit in February of 2019, and I also have this issue. Please provide a timeline for a fix for these bugs, or an explanation of why our issue is not a priority for Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow!  Happy 2-year anniversary since I started this thread and STILL no fix in site.  Even back then this issue was already well-known, perhaps this graph having never worked correctly.  The Moderators said the engineers were aware and working on it, 2 YEARS AGO.   Yikes!!!

As such, I've not upgraded my Charge-2 to something newer as a result of this issue.  I don't care what new bobbles Fitbit is offering in their later models.

For the most part, the product works great, at least for the features I use, which aren't many.  (This is why I'm still around.)  I just wanted them to fix this "Weekly exercise" graph (iOS app).  I've (and plenty others) certainly been patient, to say the least.

Fitbit... are you listening?  When my Charge-2 conks out, and it will, I'll be moving on to a different brand.  Having issues is one thing.  Not resolving them after telling your customers you would, is something else entirely.  You could have, should have, told us something relevant and real by now.   Did I mention it's been 2 years?

Best Answer

It is now what- three years later?! And still no fix! It just stop showing the data one day. I saw it for a second but then all gone. Now it’s only showing the last week and has wiped out all my data graphs for the previous months!!!!!!! At this stage surely SOMEONE has an answer!!!! But no reply STILL. 

Best Answer