Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit iOS 0.25 mile voice cues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The iOS app has an option to track running directly from the app.  This allows for voice cues at chosen intervals.  However, the lowest interval is 0.5 miles.  I would like to have a 0.25 mile interval voice cue.  Is there any way to make this happen?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @blairleish.

Thanks for taking the time to share that suggestion with us.

At this time, we do have a suggestion about having cues for 0.25 miles. You can click here to see it. You can comment on it or vote for it to show that you support that idea. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@blairleish   Which Fitbit do you have?  There are some automatic cue settings in the Exercise app on the Versa and Ionic.  I'm not sure if they go down to 0.25 mi.  But it's worth a look if you use a Versa or Ionic.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze is still alive and kicking.  I can set interval cues to "buzz" my wrist at 0.25 miles.  No voice cues.  But, when I'm moving, I sometimes miss the cues, and they disappear from the watch face pretty quickly.  I really like the voice cues from other apps.  But, In all of my experimenting, Fitbit is the only app that accurately interprets GPS information.  As an example, I ran the St. George Marathon and used Fitbit and MapMyRun to monitor the race.  I was very precise with starting and stopping at exact beginning and end points.  The course is USATF certified at 26.2 miles.  In the end Fitbit gave me a reading of EXACTLY 26.2 miles, while MapMyRun showed 26.39 miles.  Both were fed the same GPS information from iPhone 8.  I have done several other comparisons on courses with known distances (other marathons, half marathons, training runs, etc).  Fitbit is consistently giving accurate information while other running apps are close, but not as precise.  I like the features of other apps and hope that Fitbit can improve features, such as adding 0.25 mile voice cues.

Best Answer
0 Votes