Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit iOS App not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When the new IOS update came out, the FitBit app stopped letting me log in.  I've tried everything, deleted and re-downloaded the app, checked and reset the Bluetooth, and followed all the other random suggestions on here like setting the date and time to automatic.  It's been about 2 days since the lock out.  Any suggestions?  Thanks everyone!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So after noticing that I had been banned from the website on my phone, I figured it may be an issue with my VPN.  I turned the VPN off and then on again and it allowed me to log in.   Anyone else having issues should give it a try.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hey @FitRB19,

Thanks for joining the Fitbit Community and for troubleshooting this beforehand.

It could be a good idea to try these steps :

In addition, let me know if you already tried all the steps listed here.

Have a nice weekend ! 

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer

I have done all of the above and nothing has worked.  Can’t get my Charge 4 to sync since the update.

Best Answer

I’m facing the same issue since I did the last app update 

Please help

Best Answer

Same issue

Best Answer

Same issue my app says my charge 5 has synced and the stats are all empty. No data showing in the app but shows on the charge 5

Best Answer

Same issues. Says it synched but no info on Homepage.

Best Answer

Yes, same. Seems this isn’t an isolated issue. Restarting and all the advice given to the OP hasn’t worked. What’s up, Fitbit? 

Best Answer

This advice isn’t fixing this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me, too, with the Fitbit app v. 3.71, Charge 4, iOS v. 16.1.1 on iPhone 10. Everything in the app was greyed out and all the data was missing. I could synch it, but the app display didn't change, just grey. I uninstalled the app, rebooted the phone, then reinstalled the app. That always has solved the buggy app updates in the past, but this time nada.

The watch itself has continued to log my activity -- the dashboard on the web site shows it. But the app is useless. It won't let me log on, just responds with "Something went wrong". And I thought Microsoft was the only outfit dumb enough to think that is a useful error message.

Best Answer

My issue’s been solved 😊

I'm happy with my Fitbit , it makes my fitness goals achievable and my life easier 

tracking my in ‘n’ out makes feel I’m in control , and I’m seeing great progress and results with it 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all these steps and still no luck.  It won't even let me log in to the app.  When I try it says, "Oops something went wrong, please try again later."  I also tried to log in to the website on my phone and it told me my IP Address was "banned".  I don't know if that's what's causing the issue or why I would be banned.   Thank you for your help.

Best Answer

So after noticing that I had been banned from the website on my phone, I figured it may be an issue with my VPN.  I turned the VPN off and then on again and it allowed me to log in.   Anyone else having issues should give it a try.

Best Answer

Can you share how it got solved?

Best Answer

I got it fixed!  On both the iPad and iPhone, I went to bluetooth and told it to forget the device.  Logged out of each platform, then deleted the app on both platforms.  Then I reset the Charge 4.  I rebooted the iPhone and reinstalled the app on just the iPhone, not the iPad.  Everything is working fine.  It was nice to have it on both platforms, but I can live with it on just the iPhone.  I synced my iPhone to the fitbit and it finally updated.  Hope this will help someone else!

Best Answer

No VPN over here.

The only thing that has changed is instead of the message saying, "Oops, something went wrong," now the message raises a red herring by implying I entered the wrong password. Which I did not, of course. Another Microsoft trick, blame-shift to user error, send people on wild goose chases, when they know the problem is with their buggy software.

Best Answer

The last thing I did before it worked was reset my VPN.  I got the oops error message, turned the VPN off, then on, and was then able to log in.  Before that during the previous week I had also deleted and downloaded the app 10 plus times and turned the bluetooth on and off a bunch of times.  I hard reset my phone, turned airplane mode off and on.  I tried pretty much everything until the VPN finally fixed it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing really 

I woke up and it was solved and everything was back to normal 

Best Answer

I just updated Sunday and I sync Fitbit/phone every day and I noticed yesterday that Sunday’s data only shows a gray screen! This morning I see yesterdays data is now also gray???

I tried all the step below snd nothing is working… help????

Best Answer