Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit isn't charging correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

Yesterday my fitbit was on low battery. I went to go charge my fitbit for about an hour. I come back it says it's full charged. I find this a bit odd as it usually takes longer. Anyways I take it off charge and it works all day.

I wake the next day the fitbit is off. I put it on charge and it says it's completely flat. Then I check on it 10 minutes later and it says it 3/4 charged. I take it off charge and then place it back on charge. It says the battery really low. Check two minutes later and says it 3/4 charged. 

What is going on here? I tried restarting the fitbit by pressing the button while on charge multiple times. 

I don't know if it's related but the app updated to the new format yesterday and I don't know if this would make my fitbit buggy.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Ribij, welcome on board. It's good that the community is growing!

Thanks for sharing this with me, as well for your efforts with the restart. You did an amazing job! While the Fitbit app has the new dashboard, that shouldn't affect your device's functionality.  To investigate, let me know the model of your Fitbit device. Also, I'd recommend to try the following steps:

1. Try cleaning the gold contacts on your device and charging cable to ensure they don't have dust or debris.
  2. Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable.
  3. Charge your device by plugging the charging cable into a USB port on your computer, a UL-certified USB wall charger, or another low-energy device.
  4. Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  5. Charge it for around 2 hours, even if it says that it's fully charged.

Let me know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Best Answer