Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not synching after App update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the update of Fitbit app on Friday 24/03, my fitbit is not synching. I'm missing on steps etc, plus challenges I get invited to. Now I've delinked my Charge 2 and now I can't link it again. This is super frustrating. My steps are showing correctly on the MyFitnessPal app. Please help. 😖

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Annelize_P, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

If your tracker is not syncing and is unpaired from your account, please restart it and try to set it up once again.

To set up your tracker:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When (or if) the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

If after setting up your tracker once again, it's not syncing correctly, I would like to suggest checking @HelenaFitbit's excellent tips and recommendations that have been very helpful for many members dealing with the same situation. 

Now, in regards of your challenges, are you getting an error message when trying to accept them, are you missing steps from the challenge or from your daily total? I'll be waiting for your reply.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm having the same exact issue; however, my FitBit app won't even let me log in (the apple wheel continues to spin...). I removed my Charge HR device in the FitBit app settings, tried turning the BlueTooth off and on again, and it still isn't finding my device. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the FitBit app. The FitBit itself appears to be working- it has a full battery charge and accurately counts my steps, calories and heart rate. I don't think that it is an issue with the FitBit itself. I'm not sure if this is a similar issue or not?

Thanks in advance- any advice that you can offer is greatly appreciated! 🙂

-Laura

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I got mine to work again last night.

You will have to delete the App and reinstall it again. You will have to log in and link your Fitbit again. Mine didn't lose any history or settings.

When logging in, the App complained about my time setting which was weird, but once I changed it, everything worked perfectly.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lwpsu416, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Thanks for taking the time to reply @Annelize_P Smiley Happy

@Annelize_P, I'm very glad that after reinstalling the app and change the time setting on your phone you were able to log in and sync your tracker. 

@lwpsu416, in this particular case, as you're not able to log in to the Fitbit app, I would like to recommend going to your phone Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure Set Automatically is enabled. After that, go back to the Fitbit app and try to log in once again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes