Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing to app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having problems with my Fitbit not syncing to my app. I have tried closing the app, shutting off Bluetooth, shutting down my phone, and nothing works. The only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This is getting pretty annoying since its become an everyday occurrence. I've had the Fitbit since Thursday evening, it is now my Monday and this will be my 3rd time with this problem.

I have an iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Amandaox3, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve this issue. Which tracker are you currently using? Have you restarted your tracker lately? If so, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal when trying to sync your tracker
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing process. 
  • Restart your tracker if you haven't done it yet. 

If your tracker is not setting up correctly, I would like to recommend to follow these steps: 

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @Amandaox3, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve this issue. Which tracker are you currently using? Have you restarted your tracker lately? If so, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal when trying to sync your tracker
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing process. 
  • Restart your tracker if you haven't done it yet. 

If your tracker is not setting up correctly, I would like to recommend to follow these steps: 

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you- An update became available for my phone and it seems to have cleared up this issue.  I will try reastarting my tracker and disconnecting blutooth if this starts happening again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Amandaox3, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

You're very welcome, I'm very glad your issue has been resolved after updating your phone. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you for this idea. my versa was syncing with my phone but not the app. i ‘forgot this device’ in my blue tooth setting as you recommended but although finally my fitbit app ‘found’ my versa it just kept saying connecting and ultimately times out. i recently deleted the app a few times bc all day or manual syncing wasn’t working anymore. ty for any help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @purplefabu, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided above. If your Versa is still having trouble setting up, please try the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, then try to set up again.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Versa one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. I’ve done all of the following instructions that I’ve found.  I even went as far as to remove my Fitbit from the app and trying to resync it. Now it can’t even find it. I just updated the app last night. And all day I didn’t have any text/phone calls come thru on my Fitbit. There are no other fitbits or anything with Bluetooth that would get on the way. Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RunADay35, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and for letting me know you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. Tell me, which tracker are you having trouble with? Since when have you experienced this situation? Have you updated the Fitbit app recently? Having this information will be very helpful for me to determine which troubleshooting steps should we take next, I appreciate it if you could reply to me with this information. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my Iconic.  Hasn't synced since the 8th.  done everything that has been recommended.  Nothing works.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dlmillervt, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know you have already tried some troubleshooting steps. Would it be possible for you to let me know exactly which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? That will be very helpful for me to determine what should we do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I live chatted with Fitbit rep and he had me reset my ionic. It now works.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dlmillervt, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply! Smiley Happy

I'm very happy to know that after restarting your Ionic is now working correctly. I appreciate you have let me know about this. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the tip on restarting my versa, that did it!  Versa and app now syncing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @calwino, thanks for joining the conversation and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! Smiley Happy

At this moment, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Welcome to the Fitbit Family! 

Best Answer
0 Votes