Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not tracking distance when cycling

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whenever I start a manual tracking for biking, my Fitbit tells me to “check Fitbit app”. I have made sure my Fitbit and iPhone are paired and Fitbit can always access my location/gps and it still will not track the distance or route. It tracks time and heart rate and calories. I have tried restarting my phone multiple times as suggested on this forum but it doesn’t work for me. 

The first time I tracked my biking manually it did fine tracking distance and route but has not since that first time.

Also, when I go to the app to track an exercise on the app, my only options are run, walk or hike.  I do not have an option to track biking on the app.  I can log biking but not track it on the app.

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I don't know enough about iOS, and noticed this important info was left out of the title. I'm moving this thread to the iOS so that the right people will see it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JWJ1  You don't say which tracker you are using.  Here is a link to a Help article about troubleshooting GPS and the different trackers.  There is a section that addresses the "check Fitbit app" error.  That error can come from either phone settings or app settings, so read it carefully for your tracker.

Also, tracking from the app is known as Mobile Run.  It was Fitbit's first venture into GPS connected activities and does not include biking.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes