Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate data not displayed on iOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The heart rate is not been displayed in iOS app

is there something wrong with app or the Fitbit?

moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@Harish-01 -

Which Fitbit device do you have?

And when you say it isn't being displayed, do you mean the dashboard tile for heart rate is missing, or it is there and not being updated.

For the current product offerings only the following capture and report heart rate:

1. Ionic
  2. Alta HR
  3. Charge 2
  4. Blaze

I believe that is it.

As for my second question, we need a little more info if for us to help you, and we really do want to.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes
Charge2

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Harish-01 -

I was editing my response when you replied. I'll quote it here:

"And when you say it isn't being displayed, do you mean the dashboard tile for heart rate is missing, or it is there and not being updated."

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes
[image1.png]

As the screen shot show there is no heart beat being displayed on my app

I have charge2

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Harish-01 -

I have found that posting from a phone does not include the image, just a tag for the image.

That is what happened here.

So I will ask - 1) is there a dashboard tile for the heart beat display that isn't being updated with your heart rate or 2) is the tile missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The dashboard tile is not displaying the heart beat I did sent you screen shot
Please the below
[image1.png]

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Harish-01 -

@Harish-01 wrote:
The dashboard tile is not displaying the heart beat I did sent you screen shot
Please the below
[image1.png]

Sent from my iPhone

Only the tag for the image is showing - I have had the same problem when posting from a phone. No image is being displayed in the thread.

If it is an iOS app issue, the easiest way to correct it is to "force quit" the app my double-clicking the home button and then swipe up on the Fitbit app. Then re-open it. That "fix" clears up a lot of communication issues from getting data from the device to solving slow syncs.

As an owner of an Atla HR and not a Charge 2, I cannot tell you how to perform a reset of your device, which is probably the next thing to try. I cannot say that will take care of it, as I have never experience my Alta HR not displaying my heart rate except for short periods of time, never more than 30 seconds at one time.

But I can wish you luck and hope someone else with a Charge 2 comes along to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a problem that has been going on for awhile now.  Very frustrating.  See this post:
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Current-Heart-Rate-not-displayed-in-IOS-app/m-p/2316923#M732...

Best Answer

@MaryVE -

Looks like it is a good thing I haven't been in a hurry to upgrade from 11.0.2.

Thanks for the link.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Harish-01, @MaryVE Is the iPhone the only iOS device the tracker is set up to sync with?

With similar reports we've seen that syncing with two devices that have similar operating systems can cause issues like what you're experiencing.

In addition, we have received some reports that heart rate was restored by clearing cache. Follow these steps to clear out the Safari cache on your iPhone:

1. Open the Settings app, and scroll down to the fifth group of options (with Mail at the top). Tap Safari.
2. Scroll down again and tap 'Clear History and Website Data'.
3. Tap 'Clear History and Data'.

After this is done restart the app and check the heart rate tile for any changes. 

@MrMarv Thanks for your input here! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit wrote:

@Harish-01, @MaryVE Is the iPhone the only iOS device the tracker is set up to sync with?

With similar reports we've seen that syncing with two devices that have similar operating systems can cause issues like what you're experiencing.

In addition, we have received some reports that heart rate was restored by clearing cache. Follow these steps to clear out the Safari cache on your iPhone:

1. Open the Settings app, and scroll down to the fifth group of options (with Mail at the top). Tap Safari.
2. Scroll down again and tap 'Clear History and Website Data'.
3. Tap 'Clear History and Data'.

After this is done restart the app and check the heart rate tile for any changes. 

@MrMarv Thanks for your input here! 

Done.  And no change.  Dashboard on app still only displays resting heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes