Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why has my Fitbit app not reset my steps back to 0

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

That's happened to me today too, it says I've done 11,000 steps but I've just woken up! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same is happening with me. My steps/calories burned duplicated from yesterday.

I'm in New Zealand and our clocks went back an hour last night. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in Australia and mine's done the same. I assumed it was clock related, I'm pretty sure I remember some US users complaining about the same thing when their clocks went back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It could be but I'm in the UK and our clocks changed last week and it was fine so I don't know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I woke up with 13,800 steps. Last night at midnight, my fitbit flex 2 starting vibrating randomly, which I thought was odd. Then I woke up today without my steps resetting to zero. I'm currently in Germany, so our daylight savings change was actually last week. I'm assuming it's a daylight savings issue on the Fitbit servers that are probably located in the US...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for joining the conversation, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

In this particular situation, if your tracker is carrying over steps from a previous day, I would like to suggest restarting your tracker a couple of times and monitor it for the next days. If your tracker is still not resetting at midnight, please let me know so I can check this further. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer