Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit stopped tracking sleep correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I woke up the other morning to my fit bit saying I had slept for 2 hours. I definitely had more. It seemed to stop tracking at 2am?

i have also just woken up today to it not tracking at all? (This has now happened twice - don’t know if this is broken? It’s always on my write the exact same way!)  

only had this Fitbit for about 4/5 months. Fairly new still. Please advise? 

thanks 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Rebeccajane111. Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for sharing detailed information about your Fitbit's recent behavior. Let's work on this together! As you may know your Fitbit will auto-detect your sleep after at least 1 hour of inactivity based on your movement (3 hours if your Fitbit can generate sleep stages). So, if you move too much when sleeping, your Fitbit might take it as if you're awake and stop the sleep detection.

I understand that you've been wearing your Fitbit in the same way, however if you have a Fitbit that tracks heart rate readings please make sure you aren't sleeping in a position that prevents your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wearing it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight. Also, try restarting it to correct any misbehavior.

If the issue persists, I'll need you to provide me with the model of your Fitbit so I can further investigate.

Best Answer
0 Votes