Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't stay synced to my iphone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit won't stay synced. My iPhone keeps looking for it. What could be wrong
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@emilysmom Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

To build off of @defdog99's post above, I would recommend:

1. Restarting your tracker.
2. Reboot your iOS device.
3. Open your iOS settings > turn off your Bluetooth for 10 seconds > and then turn it back on.
4. Open the Fitbit App to initiate a sync.

Keep me posted if this helps you sync your tracker!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

Power cycle your fitbit device then resync it.

For the fitbit one, you hold the button down 12 secs while it's in the charger.

Best Answer

@emilysmom Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

To build off of @defdog99's post above, I would recommend:

1. Restarting your tracker.
2. Reboot your iOS device.
3. Open your iOS settings > turn off your Bluetooth for 10 seconds > and then turn it back on.
4. Open the Fitbit App to initiate a sync.

Keep me posted if this helps you sync your tracker!

Best Answer
Thank you guys. I think that might have worked. I think it has something to do with the Bluetooth, music and my car. Not sure. It seems to automatically sync when I get in my car then stops when I get out. I think it's working right now

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@emilysmom No problem, I'm happy to help!

If you are managing multiple Bluetooth connections on your iOS device simultaneously, it's possible that you may experience Bluetooth interruption. These interruptions are known limitations with iOS and Bluetooth. Click here for more details.

Hope this helps you out!

Best Answer

I tried your suggestions, and after several tries it does sync.  However, it does not continue to sync throughout the day.  The next day, I have to do it all again.

Best Answer

Same here. It won't stay synced, I have to do it every day. I didn't have to originally.

Best Answer

Hello @nawlinslady57 and @leighatl, have a warm welcome to the Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If your trackers are still not syncing or taking a long time to sync, I would like to suggest to set up your trackers as new devices in your accounts. This will restart the connection between the phone and the tracker; don't worry, the information previously stored in your accounts won't be deleted.

To set up you tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

Additionally, please enable "All-day Sync" in the app to ensure a better connection between your trackers and your phones. To do this, tap on Account > Your Tracker > All day Sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Not sure what happened, I had tried all the suggestion from multiple sites, same as what is on this post, but nothing worked.  I had given up on making it syncing.  After several days of having the watch and it not syncing, it started to sync.  I just completed a full day of it staying synced with my phone.  Not sure what happened, but for what is worth, I don't think it had anything to do with all the suggestions from the multiple posts I read.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What a joke! First I would like to say that this is rediculous that we would have to do all of this to get our device to sync. Second I would like to add that this doesn’t work. This has been going on for months now. When are you going to fix the problem? I have been a loyal fitbit user for 7 years now but am ready to go apple because of all of this. I never thought I would ever say I despise Fitbit but I’m there!

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Alta will not stay synced. I’ve restarted my Fitbit. I’ve rebooted my iPhone. It just won’t stay synced. Very frustrated. Please help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

Hello @SheriDykes, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let me know the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far in order to try to resolve this issue. At this moment I would like to suggest you the following:

• Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices when trying to sync your tracker. 
  • Enable All-day Sync by going to the Fitbit app > Account > Alta, scroll down until you find the option and enable it. 

If your tracker is still not syncing correctly I would like to suggest you to set up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your Alta and your phone. Don't worry, the information already stored in your account will still be there once the tracker has been set up again. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I’ve done all this and it’s not working. I can’t even connect my Alta as a new device. 

Best Answer

Hello @Sabrina814, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I provided earlier; are you getting an error message when trying to set up your Alta as a new device? Does the app crashes or does it get stuck? Have you restarted your phone and your Alta lately? If so, please reply to me so I can assist you further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue is not solved!!  Like many other people have already commented, the fix works when you first do it, but then a day or two later it stops synching again.  It states that Bluetooth pairing is required (again why when it was connected before) and we have to go through the process all over again for just one more day of it working.  This issue has been around for years now and you have still not fixed it.  Writing "Solved" at the top of every new query is dishonest and misleading.  We need a permanent solution, not a 24 hour fix.

Best Answer

I have to agree that all the info out there says to add it as a new device in order to get it to sync. I have to do this EVERY day. That's ridiculous! It doesn't stay synced to my iPhone or iPad. I really like the device when it's working but it's silly to pay good money for something that has a silly glitch such as this. I had a Fitbit years ago and LOVED it. Upgrading has not been a good choice. Hope there is a fix that's made quickly to help all of us who paid good money and want to enjoy this product.

Best Answer

Yup still have this issue, yesterday it worked for a while and now today it doesn’t. It actually loaded my steps and then later I noticed that it returned to an earlier step count. I don’t understand why this has to be so difficult. I used my surge with no problems at all for years but I can’t keep this one connected to save me life. It’s not worth all this mess.

Best Answer

No no no. Sorry but I have done ALL of your suggestions over and over again. Re setting as a new device. Turning on “all day sync” which just turns itself off again. Making sure that there are no other Bluetooth devices nearby   Turning Bluetooth off and back on again after a 20 second interval. NONE OF THIS STUFF WORKS. I have an iPhone 8 which syncs beautifully with every other device I have. IT WILL NOT STAY SYNCED WITH MY PHONE. My wife has one as well. Guess what. Same problem

Oh. By the way.  This is a brand new Fitbit replaced after 3 months because the screen stopped working

Best Answer

I have had a Fit Bit Charge 3 since Christmas, so four months old.  It synced initially for a few days, but no longer will.  I have tried every recommended fix so many times and nothing changes, or it syncs for one or two days.

There is something wrong with this device and we all need a fix.  What you claim is not true.  It is so frustrating!  I should have gotten an Apple Watch!

Best Answer

Hello @Anne1108 thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. 

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and let us know you've already tried to troubleshoot this issue on your side. At this moment, I would like to ask you for some information so we can check this further:

• iPhone model you're using
  • OS version running on your phone
  • App version installed in your phone (go to the Fitbit app > Account > Help to get it)
  • Charge 3 version (go to the Fitbit app > Account > Versa to get it)
  • The exact list of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes