Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't sync with new iPhone 8

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
How do I get my Fitbit to sync with my new iPhone 8?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply, @kdb7!  OK, so as I understand it, the Fitbit app is on your new iPhone and you or the store were able to connect your Alta HR. Since it is not syncing, I suspect the set up for not done completely or correctly. Here is what I suggest. 

On your iPhone 8

• Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon at the top, right of the screen. If the Alta HR is listed, tap it and scroll down to Remove This Alta HR.
  • Next, go into your iPhone’s Bluetooth settings. If the Alta HR is listed, select it then select Forget This Device. 

Then, move into a room that has no other bluetooth devices and do this:

• Open the Fitbit app on your iPhone.
  • Tap the Account icon at the top, right of the screen. 
  • Select Set Up a Device and follow the directions. Pair to bluetooth when prompted. 

This should do it! Please let us know how it works out. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @kdb7 and welcome to the forums! I’d like to help but need a little more information. 

1. Which Fitbit device do you have?
  2. Were you able to download the Fitbit app to your iPhone 8? If yes, was it syncing previously but will no longer do it? 

Let us know and we can point you i the right direction. 

Best Answer
I have Alta HR.
Everything seemed to download ok at the Verizon store yesterday

Sent from my :mobile_phone_with_arrow:
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the quick reply, @kdb7!  OK, so as I understand it, the Fitbit app is on your new iPhone and you or the store were able to connect your Alta HR. Since it is not syncing, I suspect the set up for not done completely or correctly. Here is what I suggest. 

On your iPhone 8

• Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon at the top, right of the screen. If the Alta HR is listed, tap it and scroll down to Remove This Alta HR.
  • Next, go into your iPhone’s Bluetooth settings. If the Alta HR is listed, select it then select Forget This Device. 

Then, move into a room that has no other bluetooth devices and do this:

• Open the Fitbit app on your iPhone.
  • Tap the Account icon at the top, right of the screen. 
  • Select Set Up a Device and follow the directions. Pair to bluetooth when prompted. 

This should do it! Please let us know how it works out. 

Best Answer