Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 *not* being recognized with iPhone X

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the latest version of IOS on my iPhone X.  This was the same version I had on my iPhone 6 previously.  No problems recognizing and syncing my Flex 2 with my iPhone 6.  iPhone X will not even recognize my Flex 2.  I have tried erasing and re-downing app from cloud, and removing device and then re-adding to no avail.  Continues to “search” for Flex 2 with no success.  Is App just not compatible with new iPhone?  Any other ideas of what I can try?  Thank you!

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

My iPhone X does connet with my Cherge HR2 either

Best Answer

Fitbit Ionic isn’t recognized either on iPhone X. Any responses or updates?

Best Answer
0 Votes

From what I can tell, iPhone 8 and X are not compatible with Fitbit app at this time, which is very frustrating.  I’m not sure if this is something they are actively working on or not.  I’m going to use my Fitbit with my iPhone 6 until I can get a new tracker, or until Fitbit gets with the program, whichever comes sooner!  Still interested to hear if anyone has any updates or ideas...

Best Answer
Unbelievable but suddenly my charge hr did connect to my iPhone X with IOS 11.1
Best Answer

Wonderful!  I’m so glad you told me bc I tried mine again and it worked!  It was very sudden, like you said, just like it should have been working in the first place.  Thanks so much!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try it again, AndrewOH.  Hope you have luck too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What steps did you perform to get your iPhone X to recognize your Fitbit? I'm still having trouble getting my Fitbit Alta to connect. I upgraded from an iPhone 6 to the X, now my Fitbit won't sync. I've tried just about everything I could think of. Any advice you can offer would be welcomed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I really didn’t do anything.  The Fitbit app had transferred over automatically from my 6 to X.  I tried a bunch of things to get it work (see my post above) and it didn’t help.  Then last night, I opened the app and it suddenly worked.  This morning, it wouldn’t recognize/sync again, but later it did.  It’s working, but not consistently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I was surprised that it worked. I checked my Bluetooth connection on my iPhone X with my Fitbit but could not find it. I had still my iPhone 6 working with my Fitbit. On my iPhone 6 I found the Bluetooth connection. Apparently my iPhone 6 was leading. Copying the info from my Fitbit into my Fitbit internet account and my iPhone X copied it from my Fitbit internet account on to the iPhone X.
Sorry for the false hope I gave you.
Solution? Better buy an Iwatch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

CeesT, I thought the same, but my Flex 2 is showing up as connected by Bluetooth on my X.  It only shows up temporarily while it’s syncing and then does not show.  I have turned the Bluetooth off entirely on my 6.  And my X is definitely connecting at times.  I am glad bc those iWatches are way too large for my liking!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks everyone for your feedback. My FitBit Alta is working now. My Fitbit was still linked to my iPhone 6, just like in your case. Once I revoked it from the iPhone 6, it started working on the iPhone X. Thanks again everyone!
Best Answer

I’m having the same problem with my Charge 2. It stopped connecting to my iPhone X about seven hours ago. Went through the standard troubleshooting steps, and even removed the Charge from the fitbit app, but now I can’t get it to even detect it in Bluetooth to re-add it to the app. Hope there is some sort of fix to this...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the very same problem. Turn off your old iPhone. It improves the connection but it still disconnects. With your old iPhone powered off, power cycle your new IPhone. This will help syncing for awhile. But it fails eventually in the future.

Best Answer
0 Votes
For the Fitbit Ionic, I removed it the device from my iPhone 6. Then made sure my iPhone X and laptop were on the safe WiFi and added it. Once I did that, the iPhone X was able to pair to the Ionic. Receiving alerts, calls and texts just fine now. Hope this helps!

Andrew Schall
Creative Director/Principal

Converge Visual, LLC
614.313.7940 | Mobile
Best Answer

I have the same problem. Upgraded from a iphone 6 to iphone X and the app doesnt sync with my Alta. Any luck? Please let me know... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Flex 2 works consistently with my iPhone X now.  There are still some issues as I no longer receive vibrations on my fitbit when my phone rings, and the sleep numbers are not always recorded.  I would suggest turning off your Bluetooth on your iPhone 6, and then trying to connect with the X.  Otherwise, there seems to be some type of interference.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem.  I updated the app on my phone and then it worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to make sure the Flex 2 is not still syncing with your old phone.  I went to the bluetooth menu of the old phone, found flex, and told it to forget the device.  It then paired with theiPhone X and worked fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After much struggle mine now works after I disconnect it form the previous iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes