Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 *not* being recognized with iPhone X

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the latest version of IOS on my iPhone X.  This was the same version I had on my iPhone 6 previously.  No problems recognizing and syncing my Flex 2 with my iPhone 6.  iPhone X will not even recognize my Flex 2.  I have tried erasing and re-downing app from cloud, and removing device and then re-adding to no avail.  Continues to “search” for Flex 2 with no success.  Is App just not compatible with new iPhone?  Any other ideas of what I can try?  Thank you!

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

Hi I. have three problems: Firstly, I have a French Fitbit app and would like to change is to English. How can I do this? 

Secondly, I have a new Iphone X and when I want to connect the fitbit, I seem to get stuck between accepting the privacy policy and connecting the fitbit to the Iphone. Everytime I press on Accept I go to connect, and than again to Accept. How to solve this problem and connect the Fitbit to the Iphone. 

Thirdly, In the app I now have the sleep tracker seems to have disappeared. How can I get is back?]

Thanks for the support

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fitbit,

After having read numerous messages around your INability to work with iPhone X I am really annoyed and actually starting to feel that you are insulting your audience not least your customers by your replies!

The fact is, that I am unable to pair mu Fitbit Flex 2 with my iPhone X and I can't do nothing about but "try again" without success!

I have NOTHING on my dashboard despite the fact, that under my Account settings it states, that my Flex 2 is syncing.

So please ...no more annoying "welcome onboard ...", " Fitbit devices ARE working with iOS ..." and so on. My Flex 2 is not pairing with my iPhone X and this is most probably due to the fact that you for some odd reason did not yet add iPhone X on your list of phones working with Fitbit devices.

I have been writing your support about this in a polite, but questioning way, but contrary to normal practice you did not reply to me the same swift way you normally do?

Please fix this issue ASAP by updating the app to work with iPhone X.

Regards from a very annoyed european customer

Best Answer

Hi,

I entirely disconnected my Fitbit Flex 2 from my iPhone 7 Plus, removed the Flex 2 from my app, re-attached the device and when double-tapping the Flex 2 in the end of the set-up, the app states:

"Thefile.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HooCares wrote:

CeesT, I thought the same, but my Flex 2 is showing up as connected by Bluetooth on my X.  It only shows up temporarily while it’s syncing and then does not show.  I have turned the Bluetooth off entirely on my 6.  And my X is definitely connecting at times.  I am glad bc those iWatches are way too large for my liking!  

Hi,

I entirely disconnected my Fitbit Flex 2 from my iPhone 7 Plus, removed the Flex 2 from my app, re-attached the device and when double-tapping the Flex 2 in the end of the set-up, the app states:

"Thefile.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Spoke with Fitbit today, they said it’s a bug and their app needs to be updated and they are working on it.

This is what they had me do as a workaround for the time being:

If you have an iPad, download the Fitbit app and tap on “+ Set up a device” the same way you did on your iPhone.

Best Answer

Hello Mandrax,

Really good input - thanks for sharing👍. Didn’t think of it myself ...were too busy being irritated over the fact, that Fitbit themselves cannot manage to share that kind of valuable information. 

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Per

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

what does error 403 means?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi enilrym,

I would like to know as well ...

I’m hoping that Fitbit can answer that question ...

Mvh. Per
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

my iPhone X is not recognizing my charge 2 either.

running iOS 11.2.1

and Fitbit 2:44:2

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Fitbit had an iOS app-pdate three days ago that solved my issue. Now my Flex 2 is working fully as expected with iPhone X.

Happy New Year!

Brgds,
Per
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem with iPhone X

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Fitbit updated their shortly after my complaint (but probably not because of that:) and it solved my problem.
Per
Best Answer

Unfortunately I’m still having problem despite resting both phone and Fitbit flex 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have iPhone X and Fitbit flex 2...works fine
Did you place Fitbit piece into charger and press button on charger three times making sure it’s making a connection...I had to really work this to make the connection. A colored light will blink once the connection is made
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

First time of Flex2 user. my iPhone is not able to detect it.

IPhone 7plus

Fitbit 2.81.1(798)

ios12.0.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sivareshia, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for adding various details about your phone and the Fitbit app installed on it. At this moment I would like to ask you to try the following steps:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Flex 2, then leave it plugged in and charging. 
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Flex 2 one more time.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes