Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 not syncing correctly with iPhone 6s

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have recently upgraded to an iPhone 6s but since this, my pairing on my Fitbit to my app is being so temperamental. Sometimes it pairs, other times it doesn't. My flex 2 is notifying me when I've done my 10,000 step target but because of the pairing it's not registering that I've done this on the app which is really frustrating!! Can anyone give any help as to why? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Leahtiff83, thanks for joining us, it's great to see new faces around the Community! Smiley Happy

If your Flex 2 doesn't seem to be syncing correctly, please try to restart your phone and restart your tracker. In case the syncing doesn't improve, let's set up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if Flex 2 is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  4. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  5. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Leahtiff83, thanks for joining us, it's great to see new faces around the Community! Smiley Happy

If your Flex 2 doesn't seem to be syncing correctly, please try to restart your phone and restart your tracker. In case the syncing doesn't improve, let's set up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if Flex 2 is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  4. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  5. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I had this issue. I did 2 things, not sure which fixed.

1. I upgraded iOS on my iphone. There was an update
2. I synced my fitbit to my android device. This pushed an update to the fitbit. It also meant the fitbit was associated with my account. Then when i tried to sync it to my iphone it worked.

I suspect it was the latter. Good luck

PS I think the response from fitbit on this is really poor, they should be aware of issues like this and have documentation for how to fix

Best Answer
0 Votes

After trying resetting my tracker, re-installing my Fitbit app, resetting my phone, it seemed the only option was to set my tracker up again (set up new device). Since I have done this I have had no problems with it syncing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Leahtiff83 and @kevinmmcdonnell, I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

@Leahtiff83, thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it. I'm glad your issue has now been resolved after setting up your tracker as a new device. Smiley Happy

@kevinmmcdonnell, I appreciate you've joined the conversation and contributed with the steps you followed in order to resolve this situation, I'm sure they will also be helpful for members of the Community facing the same situation. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all this, but the Flex 2 keeps syncing and wearing the battery down on my iPhone 6s. And I still get the error  message 18 when I try to update.

My husband and I are going to return this device today. 4 days of trying and still not working. The original Flex was great, although it didn't have the additional features, but at least it worked well until the battery went dead. I don't know if we'll get another Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes