Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 not syncing with new iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Flex 2 not syncing with new iPhone cannot find Bluetooth? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I'm having the same problem except it's with my FitBit One. Bluetooth can't find it.  I have tried restarting, no joy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @amacio, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @swimmerFB, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. @amacio, I appreciate you have already tried to restart your Fitbit One. As you mentioned this is a new iPhone, by any chance do you have your old one at hand? It's possible the tracker has still a Bluetooth link established with the old phone, which is preventing the new one from syncing. If you still have the old phone around, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.

Now, if you don't have it at hand, I would like to suggest you to try the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.
  • Restart your tracker (if you haven't done it yet)

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you will certainly give a look on my old iPhone for starters, that may possibly be the problem! Ps do you by any chance know why my Fitbit no longer tracks my swims?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, and thanks for your detailed message. But I don’t have a new phone or Fitbit. In fact I have had both for several years now. This has occasionally happened in the past and after several days for no reason it begins to synchronize again. And that happened yesterday but today it is not syncing as of sometime in the middle of the night when I was sleeping. The power is fully charged, my phone didn’t update...it’s a mystery. Maybe I’ll mess with it again when I get home.

Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response, I removed my tracker from my old phones Bluetooth and Voila .. now syncs with new phone!!!it works!! 

Can you help with why it’s not tracking my swims anymore???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @swimmerFB and @amacio, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@swimmerFB, I appreciate you have come back and let me know your tracker is now syncing. Now, if your Flex 2 is not tracking your swimming activities, please try the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap on Account
  2. Under Goals, tap or click Exercise.
  3. Tap Swimming and then tap or click Auto-recognize. If it's enabled, disable it and force-quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and enable Auto-recognize again.
  5. If you want to change the minimum duration that's automatically recorded, tap or click Swim Longer Than and choose a time.

@amacio, I appreciate you have checked the points I mentioned earlier. If after getting home and check your tracker, if it's still not syncing, please reply to me so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be around if you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes