Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex removed from account after updating to iOS2.5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just loaded iOS 2.5 update. I have a Flex and my wife an Alta. Have used same account for couple years. After update Alta still shown but Flex has disappeared in Phone App and on FitBit.com. Afraid to us "Add device" as all history lost. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @GrampsFit, I hope you're doing well, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this situation to my attention. Please note that only one person can use an account. When you create a Fitbit account you’re asked for personal information, such as height and weight, so that certain data is calculated correctly. For example, your height determines your distance measurement. Setting up unique accounts ensures that each person’s dashboard provides an accurate picture of daily activity. If give your device to another person, they must create a new account. When two people share an account, the data tracked by each person's device will merge in the account and when a device is synced, the other will reflect the exact same information that's currently in the account. 

My best recommendation is setting up the Flex in a new account so it can track your information specifically but if you'd still like to set up your Flex as a new device in the account again, keep in mind that the information already stored in the account won't be deleted as it gets stored in our servers.

To set up your Flex as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.
Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes