Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Calorie Totals are not updating. (4th time in 2 years)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Once again the calorie total problems have regressed.  Here's what I did

1. Log a predefined custom meal
  2. Change the quantity of one item
  3. Change the quantity back to its original value

The iOS app shows the correct quantity and calories for the item and for the meal, but the grand total still reflects the calories for the incremented quantity.

The web app does not reflect the change in step (3) above at all.  It still shows the incremented quantity.

This is now the FOURTH time in 2 years that this bug has reappeared.  Why is this such a hard thing to get right? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @jgpdx, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

This is indeed a very odd situation, have you updated the Fitbit app lately? If so, my suggestion would be logging out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. In case you're still experiencing the same issue, please reply to me with a screenshot so I can check this further. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so far unable to reproduce this problem.  It looks like the iOS app got out of sync with the online database but when I updated the food totals on the web interface the iOS app then updated and got back in sync.  So there's still a race condition causing out of sync errors but at least now it seems to be self-correcting if you update things via the web and re-sync the phone.

If it happens again I'll try to get screenshots on both the iOS app and the web interface.

Best Answer
0 Votes