Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All!

for some reason texts and calls are being delivered to my charge hr2. Everything is switched on, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, but nothing! Any ideas??

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

After updating my apps recently, I can no longer receive text notifications on my IOS 10.2.1 iphone 5s.  I can receive call notifications but nothing I do will fix this.  Delete device and re-add.  Cycle power on both watch and phone.  because this is my third fitbit watch (all replaced due to warranty issue - ripping at swcrews on back, peeling on front), I am done with fitbit after this.  If I cannot resolve this issue, I am done dealing with inferior products.  I understand issues happen, but fitbit is not very responsive in the past.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Emma1602,

First I would recommend making sure that you have notifications turned on on-device for Charge 2. You can toggle this on/off by holding the button for 3 seconds when its displaying the clock.

You also won't receive text notifications if you have an open conversation since there isn’t a push notification on your phone.

Lastly, make sure that you have notifications turned on in your iOS settings. If you tap Settings > Notifications > phone/messages/calendar > and toggle ‘Allow Notifications’ on.

Keep me posted if you need any additional help!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@twowheeyankee Just a heads up, I've merged your post into this thread because I think the steps mentioned in my post above could help you out.

Keep me posted if you need any additional help as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue as @Emma1602. The notifications are 'on' on my phone (iPhone 5s) and my Charge 2. I am receiving calendar reminders and phone call alerts on my watch, just not iMessages. I've tried rebooting my watch, my phone, and the FitBit app, but to no avail. I just bought this watch and the one feature that swayed me to this product was the message notification feature. Grr.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having the same problem -- I followed they steps you suggetsted to Emma- still no luck   I also purchase Charge2 for the Notifications.;)

Best Answer

i have the same issue with Charge 2 not receiving notifications.  It worked fine prior to the update of the fitbit app that was done on 2/9 for IOS.  I updated the app and now cannot receive any notifications.  I have walked through every procedure recommended here.  I spent an hour with customer services yesterday and they were not able to solve my problem other than to tell me that I need to start the charge 2 over as it was when I received it new!  No way to do that according to everything I see here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuniorAssociate @tisme.t @Suki1144 If you have your messages app open, you won't receive a notification on your tracker since there isn't a push notification on your iPhone.

Also, did you make sure that "Allow Notifications" is toggled on in your iOS settings? This can be done by tapping Settings > Notifications > phone/messages/calendar > and toggle ‘Allow Notifications" on.

If the problem still persists, I'd then recommend the troubleshooting steps mentioned here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for the information.

Notfiications is finally working, using the restart method indicated, however it did take several (3-4) attempts.  Thanks for information on push notifications, was not aware of that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 is not receiving texts or call notifications, I have tried everything 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes