Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format for distance, duration and pace is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

1:5:0 is not an acceptable substitute for 1:05:0. I’ve been using your app for years and this is a recent change for the worse. Please fix. Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to share with you that this issue should be resolved on 3.64. If you haven't done so, please go to the App Store and update the Fitbit app to get this fixed. Take in mind your phone needs to meet the compatibility requirements in order to receive updates.

If by any chance the issue persists, don't hesitate to let me know so I can forward this feedback to our team. Once again, I appreciate your patience and we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @jasonboche and welcome to the Community.  You posted in the iOS app forum and mentioned 1:5:0 and 1:05:0.  I don't understand what you mean by these numbers.  I have app v 3.62.  You also tagged the web dashboard.  Can you please describe your issue?

@jlc13248   You also posted in the iOS app forum.  I wear a Versa 3.  All of the Interval Workout settings are made on the device itself, not on the app.  I have no trouble setting or doing an interval workout longer than 55 minutes.  Can you please describe you experience in more detail?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app, just recently, removed leading zeroes from time fields which is bad IMO. In the following example, 1:05:00 becomes 1:5:0. Absolute ish.

IMG_5291.PNG

Best Answer

@jasonboche   Your screenshot explains it all.  I am not a Fitbit employee, but my experience tells me that sometimes bugs are given different priority when it comes to fixing them.  My first question -- does the duration come out correct in the exercise details after you are done?  My second question -- what model Fitbit do you use?  Manual logging uses an older method to calculate calorie burn.  If your Fitbit has a heart rate monitor and an exercise app, you should be using the exercise app.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I have an Inspire 2 with an iPhone XR. Recently, the format of the details logged in the blue Activities bar changed from 00:00:00 to 0:0:0. For example, for the Run exercise here is my experience:

BEFORE:

5.01 mi       1:01:00 min          15'01" pace

AFTER:

5.1 mi          1:1 min                 15'1" pace

On May 31, 2022, the blue Activity bar showed 00:00:00 for details like time, exercise type, pace and miles.

On Jun 01, 2022, the blue Activity bar showed 0:0:0.

It was verified it was not related to an iOs update. If anyone has had a similar experience or any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Best Answer

Hello @Chica2021 and welcome to the Community.  There are a few other posts about this odd behavior in the iOS app.  I also don't think it is from an iOS update, but from a Fitbit app update.  I am moving your post to the iOS app forum, a better fit.

What version of the Fitbit app do you have?  Tap on your profile picture, then scroll down to Help & Support.  I have v.3.62.  Most of my workouts are auto recognized.  I might have seen this same error in my data.  I just can't find it right now.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, LZeeW. Thank you so much for reply. I really appreciated the directions to locate my FitBit app version. My FitBit app version is the same, v.3.62. My exercises are also auto recognized.

Admittedly, I'm not clear when you say "...moving your post to the iOS app forum." I'm new to the FitBit discussion boards. Can you tell me how to access that forum? Again, thank you very much for your response. Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chica2021   If you came to this site from your mobile app, I suspect you tapped on your profile picture > scrolled down to Help & Support > and tapped on Inspire 2 forum tile. That is the device that you use.  But our problem, because I have the same problem, is that the iOS app has a new display bug.  We have an app problem, not a tracker problem -- I use a Versa 3.  You can get to the whole Community on a web browser at community.fitbit.com.  There are actually17 different forums that cover all the devices, all the platforms, feature suggestions, health & wellness forums, and forums for third party developers.

This discussion will stay in the iOS app forum.  Just follow this thread in your app.

Problem with time displayProblem with time display

An example from my exercise details.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW I only use my iPhone to track exercises at the gym daily. I also use Runkeeper.

The exercise details are correct other than the incorrect presentation of minutes and seconds where there should be leading zeroes. So 1h05m03s would be displayed as 1:5:3 when it should actually be 1:05:03. I have not seen one single digital device on this planet (Microwave oven, stove, VCR, digital watch, digital stopwatch, digital timer, etc.) that would display minutes and seconds fields incorrectly like that. This was a recent change in the iOS app. It had worked properly for many years. 

Best Answer

I don't use the Versa 3. I use the Fitbit app on my iPhone with iOS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jasonboche   I completely understand your issue.  There is a new bug in the iOS app.  I reported it to Fitbit.  But your thread got hijacked by the other poster and I was answering their question.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Hi everyone, it's good to see you around. @LZeeW Thanks for your help and heads up!

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for the details, the screenshots and steps tried on your own. I'm sorry you're having this experience. I've gone ahead and reported this to our team so they can investigate what may be occurring.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience, and I appreciate your feedback. Please know your comments haven't gone unnoticed. In the meantime, please make sure to keep the Fitbit app updated as you've been doing so far.

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to share with you that this issue should be resolved on 3.64. If you haven't done so, please go to the App Store and update the Fitbit app to get this fixed. Take in mind your phone needs to meet the compatibility requirements in order to receive updates.

If by any chance the issue persists, don't hesitate to let me know so I can forward this feedback to our team. Once again, I appreciate your patience and we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

Because the fix has been released for all our affected members, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have another question, I'd encourage you to start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. You can always check our Help Site where you'll find information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting tips.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback and we'll keep working to improve the Fitbit experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes