Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend Notification, but No Friend Request

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an issue where I get a notification for a friend request on my phone, but when I go into the Fitbit app, the request is not there. I had it happen in December with a coworker, but I figured she just didn't want to be friends. Today, it happened again with my brother, who was very happy to have a new Fitbit and wanted to be friends. 

The friends list use to have new requests at the top, but that doesn't happen anymore. I am not sure what the problem is. I did not have emails set for friend requests, but I have it set now, because both times when I opened my phone to use the camera, expecting to go back to the notification, it also disappeared. Has anyone else had this problem and was their a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @lovelylyndak, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! 

Have you updated the Fitbit app lately? We have just released a new update that might be helpful resolving these issues. If you have already updated, please go to your online Dashboard and check on Notifications if the Friend requests appear there.

Friends.PNG

Additionally, please try refreshing the information on the app by logging out, restarting your phone and logging back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @lovelylyndak, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! 

Have you updated the Fitbit app lately? We have just released a new update that might be helpful resolving these issues. If you have already updated, please go to your online Dashboard and check on Notifications if the Friend requests appear there.

Friends.PNG

Additionally, please try refreshing the information on the app by logging out, restarting your phone and logging back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done the suggestions you listed, and ultimately, I did have to go to the website to add my brother. Unfortunately, the notifications lock up to see if my coworker's request is still there. It is not easy to check the website from my phone, and my computer is slow and older, so it isn't easy to check there either. Ultimately, it would be a lot easier if this feature just worked in the app like it use to.

Best Answer