Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS is off track for every Walk Exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

att. Can this be fixed soon?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Axu   Can you please be more specific about the problem you are having?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 6.26.42 PM.png

Look at the snapshot. I was walking along the road and

- 1. Red line is the one recorded in Fitbit iOS App

- 2. The route should the one in Green

- 3. The part in the black circle is an error. Look at the straight lines.

Note This happens almost for every Track whether it's in downtown or in rural area.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Axu   You get those sharp lines on your map when you lose your GPS signal.  Here is a link to a Help article that might explain why you get a bad map.  You also need to make sure that all the settings for tracking are correct in your phone and on your app.

I'm not sure it will make a difference, but what tracker and what model iPhone are you using?

As an aside, you said this is a walk, but it it listed as bike in the exercise type.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Make it clear, the GPS settings on my Inspire HR is OFF. I'm using FitBit iOS App as a stand alone app to track my walking. 

I'm using my iPhone 8+ and FitBit Inspire HR. As I said, I'm using FitBit iOS App as a stand alone app without turning on the GPS on my HR device. I ever used Pacer Pedometer which did a good job for this purpose. The iPhone location settings is "Only While Using the App".

One more thing I want to mention is that the iOS App crashed last week when I was tacking a walk after lunch near Toronto Harbourfont. I tried several time to bring it up again but failed. Right at that night the  iOS App was upgraded from App Store. Then the iOS App is back again. Before the crash I did record some tracks - all went well. Today I reinstalled this App on my Phone hopefully the GPS will be back on track.

Last, it's a walk which is mislabeled as Bike.

I'm attaching another log here, it shows me I was walking in the Ontario Lake:$

22222.png

Best Answer
0 Votes