Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting bedtime reminders though the option is off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had an ionic and had this problem for over 2 years and after trying everything all Fitbit said was they were looking into it. 
Eventually they stopped answering my questions and ignored me. 
I was hoping it was the watch but I now have a charge 5 and the problem is still there. 
I have managed to cut it down to only 1 notification a week by setting it to 10pm on a Sunday but not adding any other day and this is even with the notifications button turned off. 
So don’t hold your breath people and if you keep moaning all they will do is end up ignoring you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

I agree.  Total silence.  it is obviously not a priority or perhaps an issue without a solution. Where are the moderators?

Best Answer

Is there still no resolution for this?! I would just turn off all notifications on my iPhone 12, but like other people have mentioned I want to receive low battery notifications. 

My only solution for the moment is to turn of all nights except one under the bedtime reminder settings (it won't let you select less than one night) and then turn off the reminder. This way I will at least only get one reminder a week. I haven't tried it yet, but I will send an update if it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t actually tried this yet. But why on earth should I have to go through all of these convoluted steps to turn off something that I never turned on in the first place?

Best Answer
Unable to turn off bedtime reminders on iOS app. You rolled them out but don’t seem to be able to remove them. Told by support to put it as a suggestion here.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can’t turn it off anyway that’s why this post has been going so long. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly that's why I started it in the first place so that we can turn it off.

If they can roll out an update to make it turn on then they can remove that update.
Best Answer

Hi everyone and welcome to our new members.

I've moved your posts to this new thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for the details and efforts while working on this matter. I understand how frustrating this has been for you and rest assured your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed. Because this isn't the behavior that we expect from the Fitbit app, may I know if you've tried logging out, force quitting the Fitbit app, rebooting your phone and logging back into your account? If that's correct, please provide me with the following information so I can investigate on my end:

• What is the model and OS version of your phone?
  • On the Fitbit app, ta your profile picture > Help & Support and let me know the version.
  • Is this affecting only the bedtime reminders, or do you have the same behavior with other settings?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit   My husband's Sense has been doing this for a very long time and I reported this in the thread that you closed (????????) several times.  I can assure you that every troubleshooting step was tried.

• iPhone 8 and 13.  Phone model irrelevant.
  • Current OS is iOS 15.5.  Again irrelevant, as this happened in earlier iOS 15 versions.
  • Fitbit app v 3.60.  Again irrelevant.  Many app updates since this started.
Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

After a very long time with no reaction on my thread on the same issue the finally did something - they closed the thread and directed everyone to this thread here…

Looks like Fitbit is not interested in solving this issue.

Though I have worked at Fitbit for four years (writing firmware for their watches), I’m considering to buy my next watch someplace else. Not because this problem by itself - it is just annoying - but because of what looks like as very bad customer service.

Freddy

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit, yes I have done those troubleshooting steps. I am using an iPhone 12 on iOS 15.5 and Fitbit 3.60 (36141005). I am only noticing this behavior with bedtime reminders. Thank you for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy,

The problem with the bedtime reminder is as long I have my Fitbit Versa 2 and iPhone.

iPhone 11, iOS 15.5

Fitbit 3.60 

Bedtime reminders are off, but still sending notifications at 22:00h. (But the notification is not received by the Versa 2, how odd is that!)

Other issue (for me). Vibration cannot be turned off. Only normal of strong (why not off?)

You took over Pebble. My Pebble could turn off vibration for notifications and vibrate for calls. That’s the setting I miss in the Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for getting back with the requested information. I totally understand how you're feeling and I'm sorry you've gone through this experience. Just to clarify, the previous thread was closed to prevent any confusion and keep our team informed of the impact this issue has recently had. However, rest assured every comment shared in both threads hasn't gone unnoticed.

That being said, let me share this has been escalated to our team so they can investigate and identify a solution. Any new information I get from them will be shared here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread and provide your feedback.

Best Answer

Considering the length of time since my original post - with nothing done - I don't have much hope that this will change. I will be happy to be proven wrong, as I have sentiments for Fitbit, but I won't hold my breath.

Freddy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone tried making the bedtime reminder later and scheduling the phone to start Do no disturb mode before the bedtime reminder?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@Guy_   Users don't want a workaround.  Users, like my husband, never set a bedtime reminder in the first place.  He just wants it to go away.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone 7 iOS versions from 13.0 to 14.1, numerous Fitbit app versions

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15.4.1 currently, all previous iOS versions from 14.1 to 15.4.1 with multiple Fitbit app versions

current Fitbit app version 3.59 (35940013)

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is with a Charge 4

Best Answer
0 Votes

Assume that NONE of these support people read past the first sentence, so if you can’t summarize it in one sentence your concern is almost assuredly going nowhere. Save your breath.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haven’t confirmed it yet, but I went to PHONE settings, notifications, and turned ALL the Fitbit notifications off. I’ve really never gotten any Fitbit notifications that were off any real use anyhow to be honest. I’ll let ya know if that does it.

Best Answer
0 Votes