Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting bedtime reminders though the option is off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had an ionic and had this problem for over 2 years and after trying everything all Fitbit said was they were looking into it. 
Eventually they stopped answering my questions and ignored me. 
I was hoping it was the watch but I now have a charge 5 and the problem is still there. 
I have managed to cut it down to only 1 notification a week by setting it to 10pm on a Sunday but not adding any other day and this is even with the notifications button turned off. 
So don’t hold your breath people and if you keep moaning all they will do is end up ignoring you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

I would do this, but I like to get a notification when my battery level is low. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI my sort of workaround works. I now at least only receive bedtime reminders one night a week instead of every night. It’s worth setting up until we get a real solution to this issue. 

From my previous post on this thread: “My only solution for the moment is to turn of all nights except one under the bedtime reminder settings (it won't let you select less than one night) and then turn off the reminder. This way I will at least only get one reminder a week.”

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the details provided, as well as the time taken while troubleshooting the Fitbit app. I understand how frustrating this has been and I apologize for this experience. Our team is aware of the situation and they're currently working on it.

Thanks again for your feedback and please know we'll keep providing it to our team so they can have it on hand. I'll update this thread as soon as I have more details to share.

Best Answer

In the meantime as there is no fix, I have finished the testing of setting a scheduled do not disturb on the phone before the bedtime reminder.

This suppresses the alert on the watch and the phone and leaves only a notification on the phone.

Also setting a sleep schedule (recommended) on the watch will suppress the bedtime reminder if it starts before it.

That's the best I can propose for your husband  @LZeeW for now.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Despite following previous instructions and totally uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my iPhone X this issue still persists. The best I can do is set the reminder for once a week. Even with reminders turned off it still notifies me. Honestly, how hard can this be? Can we please have some solid information from the Fitbit team on when this will be resolved?

Best Answer

I too get this reminder every night even though bedtime reminders in fitbit are turned off.  While I could stop all fitbit notifications I would like to get the low battery alert on the iPhone.

My solution is simple.  If a vendor can't fix a simple problem like this then it tells me I chose the wrong vendor.  What others issues will I run into when I start trying to use other Fitbit functions.  Perhaps I should have gotten the apple watch instead (and what do I tell my friends when they ask me about my fitbit sense) ...

Best Answer

The fitbit app keeps pushing "Time to sleep" notifications. Despite the fact that 1) I work nights, and sleeping at 22:00 would get me fired, and my 'bedtime' is set much later than this... and 2) the notifications are in fact off.

support for people who live with nonstandard hours is a joke. if you don't have a cookie cutter 9-5 life, it's annoying as **ahem** all. and I'm tired of pretending like fitbit even cares. it's been requested from the beginning, years ago, to add the ability to change the time it resets daily. This shouldn't be hard to implement, you have functionality that doesn't actually work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @flabbertygibbet, welcome to the community, How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device? provides background on how the device & app track sleep. I'm not convinced it addresses your concern but it may provide you with a work around. It's easy to put forward a Feature suggestion here, but I've only seen one relevant suggestion since 2018. You can make your voice heard by looking through recent suggestions to see if one merits your vote.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @flabbertygibbet and welcome to the Community.  There is a known bug in the iOS app, so I suspect you are an iPhone user.  Users get a bedtime reminder, yet they never set one.  Fitbit is aware of the problem, but no one knows when it will get fixed.  My husband gets this, too.  A suggested workaround is to turn it on and set a reminder for one day of the week -- at a reasonable time for you.  Now he gets one "almost acceptable" reminder per week, instead of seven "absolutely annoying" reminders per week.

As for activity resetting at midnight, this seems to be the case for every major fitness tracker.  I did a brief search.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here to say that this reason is single handedly causing me to ditch my fitbit and get an Apple Watch. I’ve been getting these notifications every night for months 

Best Answer

Hi @arob97 - there are work around posted earlier in this topic which work if that is any help, pending the fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

I've moved some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for your continued reports and every step tried on your own. Our team is still working on this situation to get it resolved. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Your feedback is appreciated and rest assured it won't go unnoticed as it helps us to keep our team informed of your experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ll believe it when I see it… after being ignored for very long time, getting such promises is not enough. If Fitbit really tried to fix this it would have been fixed long ago. I’m a software engineer (and worked at Fitbit for four years developing software for smart watches) so I know what I’m talking about.

Freddy 

Best Answer

My Sense is still too new to replace it, but when the time comes to replace it I’ll definitely consider switching to Apple - unless I see a significant improvement in Fitbit’s support.

Freddy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google bought Fitbit in Jan 2021.  I tend to believe that the Google/Fitbit teams are probably working on this.  As a techie planner I have worked closely with Google Cloud managers and executives.  They are all hard working and are top notch.  Can't image a google team that would want to be second rate to anyone.  This includes Apple and the apple watch.  Looking forward to a lot of future Fitbit's and Fitbit enhancements as the teams are integrated!

Hopefully they will address the bedtime reminder issue as well as some other known Fitbit shortcomings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the meantime pending a fix the workaround solution is given here

Best Answer

Recently (August 2022), this bug seems to have been fixed on my Charge 2!

And the "can't change clock face from the app" bug has also been fixed.

It looks like someone really is paying attention and whittling away at the backlog of bugs.

Thank you!

I have v3.66 (36648005) of the Fitbit app and Charge 2 firmware v22.58.0.

Best Answer
0 Votes