Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting friends requests from accounts with no activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every friend request I get seems to be from someone who is 5ft 7 and has no activity. So is it that 5ft 7 is a default if not entered or is this is a sign of a fake account?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @tracy_alice and welcome to the Help forum.  Not sure about the 5ft 7 part.  For me, any friend request from someone with no recent activity is a fake account.  I never accept them.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I have been getting the same thing.  Friend request from men and women who at some point were real accounts because they have been awarded badges (sometimes years ago)  but they have no activity now and surprisingly they are all 5ft 7.  I am positive they are old accounts that have been hacked. I have been reporting them to fitbit for a year now but have not seen any slowdown in the fake friend request.  I wish fitbit would protect their community better but they don't seem to care.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tracy_alice   @Phil_D_   I am going to report your experience to get moderator attention.  I haven't received any spam friend requests recently.  But the part about the possibility of old accounts being hacked is bothersome.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi @tracy_alice and @Phil_D_. Welcome to the Community. @LZeeW Thanks for the heads up!

@tracy_alice and @Phil_D_ Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. I understand your concern about receiving these friend requests and I'd recommend reporting those profiles or any content that violates our guidelines. Please do this from the Fitbit app so our team can review your reports and handle them appropriately. For further instructions, see this help article.

Your patience is truly appreciated and your feedback won't go unnoticed as it'll help us to keep improving our services, as well as preventing this type of experience from happening in the future.

See you around.

Best Answer
This response was not helpful at all. If you had read the discussion you
would see that I have been reporting them but still get request from hacked
accounts
Best Answer

Thanks a lot, hadn’t thought about old accounts being hacked. Will continue to steer clear of 5ft 7 people with no activity 🤣

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response, helped a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes