Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting simplified sleep instead of Sleep Stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my App has started only showing simplified sleep data - no details of sleep stages. I asked friends and they are having the same issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. As @NHMike indicated, we had an issue with Sleep Stages from Feb 14th and 15th which was already resolved by our engineering team. I appreciate you have reported this situation and in case you're still not getting sleep stages, please check the in-app error notifications that provide an explanation for why you aren't receiving Sleep Stages on any given night. This is meant to provide insight into what might be occurring to cause this.The error messages are the following:

1. We need more than 3 hours of sleep to reliably calculate your sleep stages. Learn more
  2. Your tracker couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while you slept. Learn more 
  3. We couldn’t generate sleep stages for this sleep. Please try again tomorrow. Learn more

When you tap on Learn more, you will be able to get more information about why your tracker didn't record sleep stages. Additionally, I'd like to suggest the following:

• For any of the nights you were expecting to see Sleep Stages, did you ever click on the "Begin Sleep Now" or "Add Sleep Log" functions within the Fitbit App?
    • This is important to note because your tracker uses auto-detection to track Sleep Stages; so there's no need to try and remember to click on anything before falling asleep! 
  • Do you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep?
    • This is important to note because you typically won't see sleep stages if you are waking up multiple times through out the night or taking short naps.
  • Your tracker's battery isn't at a critically low level prior to falling asleep.
  • Your device is tracking and syncing heart rate data.
    • This is important because Sleep Stages uses a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. 
  • Your Fitbit App is updated to the latest version.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

the same here

Best Answer

Same here for me and my girlfriend. Sleep data was OK until last night.

Best Answer

Same for me and my husband; sleep data fine until last night and both had simplified sleep data this morning.

Best Answer

...and my hubby has an android phone but same issue with only simplified sleep this morning.

Best Answer

Me too, it was fine up until last night !

Best Answer

Same simple sleep data here as well. The old solution (deleting the long and manually entering it) doesn’t work. 

Best Answer

Having same problem for the last two nights. Already tried resetting device but did not correct. 

Best Answer

Same for me. My husband’s Charge 2 has also has similar issue in last few days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here...OK until last night.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep same here since this night

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  I got sleep stages Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.  Last night I got simplified data.  Charge 2.  The error message is the unhelpful "We couldn't generate sleep stages for this sleep.  Please try again tomorrow."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me.  This happens a few times a year and the issue usually rests with FitBit and not your Blaze or other device.  The last time this happened, it took at least 3 days for FitBit to correct, so don't panic if you see the same thing tomorrow morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

p.s.  the last time this happened for me was October 2017.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ldolinwrote:

p.s.  the last time this happened for me was October 2017.

Add me too.  I sent a support message but have not heard back.  I did a soft reset today to see if that helps.

Cindy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Back to normal from last Night!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. And deleting and manually entering the simple log worked.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Fitbit Support reported earlier today on the Ionic forum (where this same subject arose) that there was a problem on their end which caused the sleep stage issue.  It’s now resolved.

Mike | SW Florida | Ionic, iPhone XR
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. As @NHMike indicated, we had an issue with Sleep Stages from Feb 14th and 15th which was already resolved by our engineering team. I appreciate you have reported this situation and in case you're still not getting sleep stages, please check the in-app error notifications that provide an explanation for why you aren't receiving Sleep Stages on any given night. This is meant to provide insight into what might be occurring to cause this.The error messages are the following:

1. We need more than 3 hours of sleep to reliably calculate your sleep stages. Learn more
  2. Your tracker couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while you slept. Learn more 
  3. We couldn’t generate sleep stages for this sleep. Please try again tomorrow. Learn more

When you tap on Learn more, you will be able to get more information about why your tracker didn't record sleep stages. Additionally, I'd like to suggest the following:

• For any of the nights you were expecting to see Sleep Stages, did you ever click on the "Begin Sleep Now" or "Add Sleep Log" functions within the Fitbit App?
    • This is important to note because your tracker uses auto-detection to track Sleep Stages; so there's no need to try and remember to click on anything before falling asleep! 
  • Do you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep?
    • This is important to note because you typically won't see sleep stages if you are waking up multiple times through out the night or taking short naps.
  • Your tracker's battery isn't at a critically low level prior to falling asleep.
  • Your device is tracking and syncing heart rate data.
    • This is important because Sleep Stages uses a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. 
  • Your Fitbit App is updated to the latest version.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Same here for the last four nights.

Best Answer
0 Votes