Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting simplified sleep instead of Sleep Stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my App has started only showing simplified sleep data - no details of sleep stages. I asked friends and they are having the same issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

I have been having the same issue folks were reporting in February. Never had problems with sleep stats fir years and suddenly maybe 5 nights out of 7 no sleep stats though I’m not doing anything different. Have tried tighter, looser, higher, lower on my wrist. Have rebooted. Unpaired and paired. Two different devices. (I have 2 Fitbits, both Charge4.  I’m not doing any of this things listed - not manually starting, sleeping less than 3 hours. It began in September. Has there been a software glitch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not change a thing in settings, and I still get only a simplified version of my sleep. This is very frustrating, and I am considering changing to Apple Watch

Best Answer

None of these solutions are working. This is extremely frustrating. 5 out of 7 nights work fine with exactly the same settings and conditions as those that do not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ex Charge 2 user.

Had these issues up to three years ago. Subsequent health problems revealed I had significant arrhythmia, PVCs (premature ventricular contractions), and AFIB. Switched to an Apple Watch 3 years ago.

FitBit's detailed sleep reporting uses HRV to measure deep sleep. It's possible that heart issues such as AFIB, PVCs, and/or arrhythmia prevent the accurate FitBIt interpretation of HRV. My current Apple Watch sleep app (Auto Sleep) has no trouble reporting deep sleep stages. I don't know how they measure deep sleep HRV data, and I haven't tried my FitBit since getting these issues under control.

My PVCs have been well managed with medication; haven't had a measured AFIB event for over two years, and PVCs are within acceptable ranges with inexpensive medication. At the start of my medication protocol I had ventricular efficiency problems; with the PVC medication I'm now real close to normal.

I am not a doctor; those experiencing deep sleep reporting issues may want to consult a cardiologist to make sure they aren't having any of the problems I've had. I'm not saying it's an absolute, but it's a possible issue.

Bottom line -- don't blindly blame the Fitbit. It may be alerting you to bigger issues. It might be an interesting experiment to fire up my Charge 2 and see if it gives me deep sleep details now that my PVC/arrhythmia issues are under control (per doctor, not Apple Watch 😀)

Best Answer