Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting simplified sleep instead of Sleep Stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my App has started only showing simplified sleep data - no details of sleep stages. I asked friends and they are having the same issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

Hi @Nikita_K and @Inemi. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Barbs501, I'm glad to see you here. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

@Nikita_K and @Inemi, thanks for letting me know that you're having this situation. If you've checked the information posted above that explains what factors may affect the sleep stages, I'd recommend to restart your Fitbit device, turn off and on the heart rate settings, and try using it on your other wrist when sleeping. If the issue persists, reply back with the model of your Fitbit device and the message that is displayed in the Fitbit app instead of the sleep stages.

@Barbs501, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about this situation. I understand where are you coming from, and I'm sorry that you're having this experience. Our team will continue working to improve our devices and their performance. Be sure that the comments posted in the Community will not be taken for granted.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is comical. I subscribed to this thread and the answers (that never change) including "restart", "reset", "adjust placement", etc., etc., etc. never change. Fitbit just won't acknowledge that their sleep tracking function is BROKEN. I ditched my Versa for an Apple Watch 4 and use the AutoSleep app. It's never failed and is SO much more detailed than the lame Fitbit sleep reports. When you folks finally wise up, do what I did. You can thank me later! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly what I’ve been thinking too. I gave up with Fitbit and got Apple watch which tracks sleep perfectly. When will Fitbit admit they have a serious problem which they are unable to solve. I sold both of my Fitbits (a flex and a charge) both of which only gave simplified sleep and not full sleep. No problems with Apple watch for which you use apps sonic you are not happy with it you can try another unlike Fitbit which can only use its own useless programme.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Hello
Nothing helped after extensive communication with FItbit support.
Any smart ideas, or you are giving up on me?

Inga

Sent from a mobile device, apologies for typos
Best Answer
0 Votes
What model would you recommend?

Sent from a mobile device, apologies for typos
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. However I must say I have restarted my device probably already 10 times, turned off and on heart rate settings, and tried the other wrist with no results. Unless Fitbit has changed the software since the last time I did it, that did not work.

However, I'm willing to try it again if Fitbit has already made some modifications.

Regards,

Fmart

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was receiving sleep stages once a while, on a random basis, until last June. Since last week of June I have been receiving complete sleep stages, on a daily basis, with no exceptions. I believe the solution was due to one automatic tracker’s system update and several, also automatic, updates of the app. I assume my problem was finally solved.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same case: nothing helped.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried again and no results, as usual. Please, really, maybe Fitbit should consider readjusting, restarting or resetting their software for sleep stages.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Confirmed. Just delete the log and manually reentry to get a beautiful chat. 👍👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again,

Any news? I got a Versa now (previously I had a Charge 2), and I was hoping that I would see sleep stages with this new device. Yet so far, nothing. Is Fitbit looking into this?

Is anyone actually getting sleep stages at all?

Regards,

Fmart1

Best Answer
0 Votes

not here!  I made sure to add Premium especially for sleep stages and NOTHING

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since bought device always getting simplified sleep stages. Wearing it not too tight. Battery ok. Sleeping at least 3 hours. iOS updated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had enough. Sleep stages completely sporadic, works some nights, not others. Doing everything the same, battery at 70% etc etc. I'm getting a Garmin
Best Answer

I have this same problem: only simplified sleep for the last week. I have tracked my sleep for about 18 months with no issue. I have used all the troubleshooting suggestions in Fitbit community. Three days ago I updated to latest version, turned off and charged my Fitbit. I cleaned contacts. I worked that night and now nothing. Thank you for any other suggestions. 

Best Answer

Once in awhile I understand, but every night for three weeks is not right.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For what it's worth.

About two years ago I switched to an Apple Watch Series 4. While Apple does not have an all inclusive app like the Fitbit, there are many third party apps that provide similar sleep monitoring functionality.

I use an app called Auto Sleep. It has NO issues detecting deep sleep (it doesn't try to identify REM sleep). Shortly before I acquired the Apple Watch I was diagnosed with several cardiac conditions, including multiple PVCs (Premature Ventricular Contractions), and AFIB. It's possible one or both of these interfere with the Fitbit's sensors, or their software to properly interpret the received data.

Fitbit references HRV to calculate REM instances. HRV calculations could be impacted by one or both of these conditions.

Suggestion? If you are consistently impacted by only receiving Simplified Sleep reports get a good cardiac checkup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was receiving sleep data with all stages, time spent in each stage, estimated oxygen variation, all important to me.

I received simplified sleep data for last night on Charge 4. I did not log any additional sleep, slept for over 4 hours, battery level is at 86%, iPhone app is up to date.

What changed? I do I fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

my Ionic is working fine, but 3 days ago and last night I got no score for sleeping because of insufficient sleep data.

Puls was measured all the time, though it seemed a little off by numbers , meaning too high

there was enough sleep time and enough battery on the watch

It registered Fall asleep time and wake up time just fine.

any advice?

best regards 

Michael

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Michi0264.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing. I would like to confirm that you must see sleep stages to see a sleep score. I recommend doing the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.
  5. Restart your watch: How do I restart my Fitbit device? and make sure it is snug on your wrist. 

For more information about sleep score, please see this help article: What's sleep score in the Fitbit app?

You can find information about factors that can affect your heart-rate reading in this help article: What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes