Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting steps recorded even when not using a device.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I haven’t had my Charge 2 on for three days, yet it tells me I have been stepping close to ten thousand steps per day. How is this possible??

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Does your work entail a lot of arm movement that it may be mistaking as steps?

How far out do you think it is?

There's not much we can do to affect sensitivity but there are a couple of things to try in this help file: Help article: How accurate are Fitbit trackers?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think you missed the point. My Charge2 has been sitting by itself on my
bedside table since Monday. I haven’t been able to wear it as the wrist
band is broken. Yet it still shows almost ten thousand steps by the end of
each day. There are no vibrations affecting the device. How can this
happen??
Best Answer
0 Votes

My apologies. I misread the problem as you not having the fitbit for 3 days (as per the title) rather than not wearing it for 3 days (as in your post).

If it's tracking steps when not being worn then all I can suggest is a restart using: Help article: How do I restart my tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tradesman2 thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @SteveH, thanks for all your help. 😄

@Tradesman2 I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us. Tell me, do you have by any chance, set up MobileTrack in the Fitbit app? This will explain why you're getting steps recorded even if you're not wearing your Charge 2. 

MobileTrack uses the sensors on your phone to count steps and other basic information. If you have it set up in your Fitbit Account and you walk with your phone in your pocket, MobileTrack will count those steps and add them to your account. 

Thanks for your patience, let us know if this is the case and if not, we'll be happy to assist you further. Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I had not thought about that as @MarcoGFitbit  stated mobile track will count your steps them during the next sync these steps will show up pin the tracker. 

Another possibility is that if there is something that is vibrating near the Tracker then it may be reacting to the vibrations. 

Best Answer
0 Votes