Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green camera/crashes freezes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can’t update any of my pictures because the camera shows upas a green screen with two different shades of green and the. The whole app freezes until my phone reboots itself 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Heatherr978. Green! Not good. How are your other IOS apps appearing? That sounds more like a phone display problem. Which iPhone and Fitbit device do you have?

Best Answer
No it’s not my phone I checked my mothers also it does the same thing! I also contacted apple who said it is the app itself. I have he iPhone and the fitbithr

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So, @Heatherr978, your complaint is about the iPhone’s camera app, right? Sorry, I should have caught that earlier. Your phone's camera app is not related to Fitbit in any way. If I’m missing something, please let me know. Since the camera app is Apple’s own app, I’m surprised they did not offer more of an explanation. 

Edit: I googled your “green” problem and found this article which provides some information you may find helpful. 

Best Answer

No it’s not the phone camera it is the camera in the Fitbit app I tried to change my profile picture but can’t because I get a green screen 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmmm .... what happens if you try to take pictures with the iPhone camera app? Any green there? How about taking photos in Facebook? 

Best Answer

Nope any other place I try to use the camera iPhone app Facebook etc camera works fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

At this point, @Heatherr978, I suggest you contact Support. Be very clear that the problem only occurs when you try to access the camera when trying to change your Fitbit profile picture ... and that the camera works correctly in other apps that access the camera. I’d be very interested in their solution. I still suspect the iPhone camera as I think all the various IOS apps use that, but it is strange that Fitbit is the only one giving a problem. 

Best Answer

Hello @Heatherr978, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around @SunsetRunner, thanks for all your help. 

@Heatherr978, thanks for bringing this to my attention. If you're having trouble accessing the camera on your phone through the Fitbit app, please go to your phone Settings > Fitbit and disable the "camera" slider. Then, restart your phone, go back to Settings > Fitbit and enable it again. 

If you're still getting trouble accessing the camera, please take a screenshot of what you're able to see and reply to me with it so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

No this didn’t work attached is what my screen looks like 2E443AB9-D532-46D1-9DAD-C6A93AC0C94C.png

BA6CFC74-337D-4BA9-B9F5-7E96BC88CE02.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Heatherr978, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply with the screenshots requested. Smiley Happy

At this moment I would like to suggest you to uninstall the Fitbit app, restart your phone and install the app back, after that check if you're still getting the same camera glitch when trying to take a picture. Please remember to sync your tracker one last time before uninstalling the app. 

I hope this helps, give it a try and keep me posted! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes