Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand-Me-Down Charge HR Not Connecting Via Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there. Trying to set up my mom's old Charge HR to my iPhone. The Charge HR is turned on and my phone is turned on. Bluetooth is enabled. The it just continues to say "searching" and won't connect. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Check your mom's phone to make sure it doesn't still have a connection to the Charge HR in the bluetooth settings. If it has then this may be blocking your iPhone connection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. So I need a dongle? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Viocco you'll only need a wireless dongle to set up and sync your fitbit on a PC running windows 7 or 8. You don't need one to use a phone as long as the phone is on the supported list at www.fitbit.com/devices

Best Answer
0 Votes

It isn't connected. She deleted it when she got her new fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AwesomeAutumn  To clarify what @SteveH said, there are two things that need to be done to completely remove the Charge HR -- removing the device from her account (sounds like you did that) and un-pairing the bluetooth connection (maybe you didn't do that).

On her iPhone, go to Settings>Bluetooth and you will see the list of paired devices.  If the Charge HR is still paired to her phone, it will say Connected.  Tap on the blue circle with the "i" in it.  Tap on "Forget this device".  The Charge HR needs to be in range of her phone to un-pair it.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes